300 Houses In Loxley Valley

3 hours ago, nightrider said:

For all those objecting - do you have suggestions about where they can build much needed houses instead?

Somewhere more accessible by public transport.  Somewhere that won't be seen as an "exclusive development" with the houses priced as such.  Somewhere that's not in the flood area of a river.

NB I don't live very close to this site, I am trying to see the bigger picture.

1 hour ago, Becky B said:

Somewhere more accessible by public transport.  Somewhere that won't be seen as an "exclusive development" with the houses priced as such.  Somewhere that's not in the flood area of a river.

Well I agree they shouldn't be building on a high risk flood area if that's the case. However, your other objections seem a bit flimsy to me. The local environment would be improved immeasurably by replacing the derelict buildings with a large housing development, exclusive or otherwise. The buyers would no doubt be aware of the limited public transport but that could be implemented if the need were there. Good quality housing is urgently needed in Sheffield and this brownfield site looks to be a perfect location for it. 

22 minutes ago, arthurseaton said:

Well I agree they shouldn't be building on a high risk flood area if that's the case. However, your other objections seem a bit flimsy to me. The local environment would be improved immeasurably by replacing the derelict buildings with a large housing development, exclusive or otherwise. The buyers would no doubt be aware of the limited public transport but that could be implemented if the need were there. Good quality housing is urgently needed in Sheffield and this brownfield site looks to be a perfect location for it. 

If there’s need for public transport, they’ll put buses in. If there isn’t, they won’t. 

Do we know if the site suffered a lot of floods in the past? If not housing, maybe industrial units then. Less need to travel into town.

9 hours ago, Becky B said:

Is there not all that land around southy green / parsons cross  area were they have not built on yet get a fair few houses on there.

and acres and acres of land around Mosborough/Crystal Peaks way, nowhere near Peak Park, not particularly pretty and certainly no flood risk

Putting houses up in Southy green and parsons cross,the developers would not make as near much profit as they would in the loxley valley,

I'm in two minds on this one - on the one hand the place is a complete eyesore at the moment and something needs doing to it, but on the other hand lots of new houses means the countryside parts of it and the footpaths might be lost too, not to mention the prospect of loads more cars coming down to Malin Bridge every day. I guess the bottom line is that the only way the site is going to get cleared up at all is by developing it as either houses or industrial units. What do the people who don't want it to be housing think ought to happen to it instead?

I don't know about more cars,I thought everyone was going to be cycling and walking not using cars since this lockdown so traffic will be less,

5 hours ago, NewBiz said:

and acres and acres of land around Mosborough/Crystal Peaks way, nowhere near Peak Park, not particularly pretty and certainly no flood risk

I think they tried to build some around there, near Eckington - project was killed off by locals objecting.

10 minutes ago, nightrider said:

I think they tried to build some around there, near Eckington - project was killed off by locals objecting.

They built a load round eckington and they - wait for it  - flooded. (Although it was down to a burst water main). Not a brownfield site either.

14 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

They built a load round eckington and they - wait for it  - flooded. (Although it was down to a burst water main). Not a brownfield site either.

must be a different lot of houses then. I know one of the people was was objecting and they told me the plan was killed off for for the foreseeable future.

20 hours ago, NewBiz said:

This site is no more than 500 yrds from Peak National Park. 

So? If it's not in the Peak District NPA's area, it must be OK for building.