300 Houses In Loxley Valley

I think I commented on this a while ago, on the developer's website.  I'm sure there was a thread about this already...

7 minutes ago, Becky B said:

I think I commented on this a while ago, on the developer's website.  I'm sure there was a thread about this already...

That was the consultation process. This is the actual application which they've gone ahead with despite the majority of comments garnered through the 'consultation process' being extremely negative/anti this development

1 minute ago, NewBiz said:

That was the consultation process. This is the actual application which they've gone ahead with despite the majority of comments garnered through the 'consultation process' being extremely negative/anti this development

Thanks.  I've just been looking for the other thread, and I can't find it!  I'm sure I didn't imagine it...  I could cut and past my comments into the planning application section 🙂

20 minutes ago, Becky B said:

Thanks.  I've just been looking for the other thread, and I can't find it!  I'm sure I didn't imagine it...  I could cut and past my comments into the planning application section 🙂

I think a lot of people will think they've commented already (anecdotally several people I've spoken to thought they had) and may well not comment on the application as a result. Something I think might well work in the developer's favour!

Those objecting are into 3 figures already.

Sincerely hope plans are refused and not just another 'ker-ching' for the developers, at the expense of the countryside which cannot cope.

I don't profess to know the area well but on my infrequent walks in this area it seemed to me to be a brownfield site with derelict industrial buildings. Surely a well planned development will be a good thing.

5 hours ago, Thorpist said:

I don't profess to know the area well but on my infrequent walks in this area it seemed to me to be a brownfield site with derelict industrial buildings. Surely a well planned development will be a good thing.

Not if they haven't considered the impact on local schools, healthcare and transport infrastructure.  Malin Bridge one way system is already very heavy in rush hour (pre-pandemic, obviously). 

I think they have a naive view on the sort of people who will be living there...

I found the other thread! 

For all those objecting - do you have suggestions about where they can build much needed houses instead?

3 hours ago, nightrider said:

For all those objecting - do you have suggestions about where they can build much needed houses instead?

Of course - not in their back yards.

Don't forget that they tell everyone they live 'close to the Peaks' but don't point out that they mean Crystal Peaks

Edited by MJ01

16 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

Don't forget that they tell everyone they live 'close to the Peaks' but don't point out that they mean Crystal Peaks

This site is no more than 500 yrds from Peak National Park.