Full marks to City Cabs for introducing a meal delivery service, utilising their cars and drivers., under their 'CityGrab' app system. It seems to have caught on. 

Well done.

How much do they charge the food retailer for the facility?

Not sure, but think £4.99 is a little on the high side when UberEats only charge (when I've used them before) £3.50 for a similar set up

I only got charged £3.00 yesterday, but I guess it’s on distance.

I’ve heard they charge less than the National companies and a figure of 20%. No idea if this is correct though, 

On 24/05/2020 at 16:14, smh2004 said:

Not sure, but think £4.99 is a little on the high side when UberEats only charge (when I've used them before) £3.50 for a similar set up

it is a premium, but you are basically paying a taxi fare for a taxi to fetch your shopping/takeaway. They sometimes have offers on, although at the moment weekends they have been donating delivery fees to charity rather than discounting.

Uber Eats and Deliveroo is often a dude on a bicycle and covers little more than the City Centre. Those of us that live out in the suburbs aren't covered by Uber Eats or Deliveroo!

As I'm not having nights out on the town with a taxi home during lockdown I'm happy to pay for Citygrab now and again, as well as introducing a lot of new delivery options where I live it is keeping taxi drivers in business and supporting independent local businesses too. I've had groceries, beer and meals delivered!

Edited by Andy C

City Taxis also donate some of their commission to a nominated charity each Saturday - Childrens Hospital Charity this week - don't get that with Uber or Deliveroo I'm guessing

2 hours ago, Andy C said:

it is a premium, but you are basically paying a taxi fare for a taxi to fetch your shopping/takeaway. They sometimes have offers on, although at the moment weekends they have been donating delivery fees to charity rather than discounting.

Uber Eats and Deliveroo is often a dude on a bicycle and covers little more than the City Centre. Those of us that live out in the suburbs aren't covered by Uber Eats or Deliveroo!

As I'm not having nights out on the town with a taxi home during lockdown I'm happy to pay for Citygrab now and again, as well as introducing a lot of new delivery options where I live it is keeping taxi drivers in business and supporting independent local businesses too. I've had groceries, beer and meals delivered!

Very very rarely is deliveroo by bicycle now. Uber eats never in my experience. They both deliver to Ecclesall, not exactly city centre. As do city grab.

As do Two Thirds Beer, for free, who I am happy to recommend 😁

Citygrab (like Deliveroo and Uber Eats) do charge retailers commission, I saw a figure of 24% quoted recently. 

City grab do charge retailers on average 20% of the gross.

City grab are coming into the moor market.........keep a look out on their app😉👍

On 30/05/2020 at 13:41, Bargepole23 said:

Very very rarely is deliveroo by bicycle now. Uber eats never in my experience. They both deliver to Ecclesall, not exactly city centre. As do city grab.

As do Two Thirds Beer, for free, who I am happy to recommend 😁

Had had a guy on a push bike from both Deliveroo and UberEats - even ordered via UberEats one day, and the guy turned up with a Deliveroo bag....

3 hours ago, Ghozer said:

Had had a guy on a push bike from both Deliveroo and UberEats - even ordered via UberEats one day, and the guy turned up with a Deliveroo bag....

Recently on a pushbike from deliveroo?