Are there any coin collectors in Sheffield?

Tried looking but unable to find any answers. 

I've got two Elizabeth I coins (a Sixpence and a Shilling) I am looking to sell but wanted to see what I'd be offered before parting with them. 

If anyone is able to direct me to the right person, that'd be greatly appreciated. 

30 minutes ago, burghley said:

Are there any coin collectors in Sheffield?

Tried looking but unable to find any answers. 

I've got two Elizabeth I coins (a Sixpence and a Shilling) I am looking to sell but wanted to see what I'd be offered before parting with them. 

If anyone is able to direct me to the right person, that'd be greatly appreciated. 

What are the dates, what condition are they in..?

4 hours ago, Padders said:

What are the dates, what condition are they in..?

Sixpence is 1571. The head side is mostly faded but can see the crown and outline of Elizabeth I. The text around the edge is almost clear, some parts faded. The stamp side can clearly see 1571 dated, the outline and most of the text. Some detail is faded.

Shilling dated roughly 1592 - 5. The head side has a clear outline, but details are faded. The text on outside is rather blurred. The stamp on other side has most of the outline and detail, some faded areas.

(Not sure if pictures will show, but they are below.)

SIXPENCE

7a3c3bc0ff93d1e54740929c6af142f52c3371bd

SHILLING

8d2bdf10aa4269a88d1ace3ad163c4493c2c3704

Interesting....

had a google, seen a similar sixpence fetching £365..  shilling not so much, some are fetching as little as £25--£60.

As has been mentioned before on a similar topic, if you go to Elsecar Heritage Centre, there is a antique shop there, and a guy who deals in old coins, the shop itself is well worth a visit if you like that sort of thing.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Interesting....

had a google, seen a similar sixpence fetching £365..  shilling not so much, some are fetching as little as £25--£60.

Oh that's really interesting! Was trying to avoid ebay as the prices are all over the place and I'd have no idea if anyone would try take advantage. Would love to try get what I think they're worth. The shilling I was expecting around that range, genuinely surprised about the sixpence. May do some further research! 

59 minutes ago, Padders said:

As has been mentioned before on a similar topic, if you go to Elsecar Heritage Centre, there is a antique shop there, and a guy who deals in old coins, the shop itself is well worth a visit if you like that sort of thing.

I did have someone mention Elsecar in person a while back. Been meaning to visit so hopefully once the current guidelines are more acceptable, I'll definitely make a trip. 

7 minutes ago, burghley said:

Oh that's really interesting! Was trying to avoid ebay as the prices are all over the place and I'd have no idea if anyone would try take advantage. Would love to try get what I think they're worth. The shilling I was expecting around that range, genuinely surprised about the sixpence. May do some further research! 

I did have someone mention Elsecar in person a while back. Been meaning to visit so hopefully once the current guidelines are more acceptable, I'll definitely make a trip. 

Iv'e got a Quality Street tin full of old coins, used to be a bit of a coin collector myself, some are over 200 yrs old.

Worked with cash all my working life, so picked up some interesting coins, probably worth a tenner now. lost interest when decimalisation took place.

With referance to Elsecar Heritage Center and their antique fairs

there is a man who stands at the fairs called Mr Mick Bott who buy's

and sell coin's and watches he is an independent dealer of coins and

watches and is as knowledgeable as any antique dealer because of the

Covid-19 all fair's have been cancelled but his mobile is 07817179498.

Really not worth much, I have some similar, in better condition and have been quoted abour £2.50 for the lot... about 10 coins...