Are you still entitled to bank holiday pay if you are off work long term sick ?

I wouldn't have thought so as you're not actually working.

Yes, if you are receiving pay from your company and you have been  with them long enough and you contract says that bank holidays  are part or your annual  leave.

Depends on the definition of BH pay, if like Annie says you are recieving pay from you remployer,you'll be paid BUT if you normally worked on a BH and accrued double time,you probably wouldn't get that.(does that make sense)

I get a monthly salary regardless of what happens in that month, my wifes colleagues get double time IF they work a bank holiday but if they aren't at work its a normal days wage.

4 hours ago, willman said:

Depends on the definition of BH pay, if like Annie says you are recieving pay from you remployer,you'll be paid BUT if you normally worked on a BH and accrued double time,you probably wouldn't get that.(does that make sense)

I get a monthly salary regardless of what happens in that month, my wifes colleagues get double time IF they work a bank holiday but if they aren't at work its a normal days wage.

Ihave been off work just over a year my sick pay has finished so i receive nothing from work, last year they paid me for bank holidays, but they wont pay me for easter monday saying i am not entitled to it i have been in touch with the union but am still waiting to hear from them.

On 22/05/2020 at 17:24, jonnythefox said:

Ihave been off work just over a year my sick pay has finished so i receive nothing from work, last year they paid me for bank holidays, but they wont pay me for easter monday saying i am not entitled to it i have been in touch with the union but am still waiting to hear from them.

All depends when your holiday period runs, but if you are off sick for the full holiday year, you are entitled to 20 days holiday including bank holidays.  This fall under the European Working Time Directive (the UK amendment to 28 days including bank holidays doesn't apply in cases of long term sick).  When those holidays are paid is for negotiation between yourself and your employer.  Most employers prefer to pay the employee as otherwise they need to keep accrued in their accounts and it also means that when you are fit to return to work then you are in position to take some extended holiday which is not a good position for the employer.