How To Monitor Other Computer Activity.

Or change one machine into Linux and use RDP connection from Remmina - free.

2 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

Or change one machine into Linux and use RDP connection from Remmina - free.

😄

I'll give you one thing swarf, you certainly keep trying. A tad OTT to get remote desktop.

On 24/05/2020 at 03:47, zach said:

😄

I'll give you one thing swarf, you certainly keep trying. A tad OTT to get remote desktop.

its not OTT, Its the linux way! lol

would love to understand the thinking on how changing to linux just to use RDP ( which is already native on the machine the OP is using ) to solve the issue. 

Wasn't/Isn't RDP reliant on Pro versions of Windows? If Home it's not going to be available is it?

8 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

Wasn't/Isn't RDP reliant on Pro versions of Windows? If Home it's not going to be available is it?

I did read that. There are still good free remote options that work the same on Home versions. Or whatever MS call the basic version these days. I'm a snob and only use Pro!  😉

6 hours ago, zach said:

I did read that. There are still good free remote options that work the same on Home versions. Or whatever MS call the basic version these days. I'm a snob and only use Pro!  😉

Using Windows and only using Pro isn't being a snob - it is being sensible - but not everyone can afford it! (And no that is not why I am not using Windows 10!) ;-)

2 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

Using Windows and only using Pro isn't being a snob - it is being sensible - but not everyone can afford it! (And no that is not why I am not using Windows 10!) 😉

The version (key) for this PC came of ebay for £4.50. It is, or was when we were still in the EU, legal to buy a key from a scrapped, new PC. Or words along those lines.

The main issue is not getting a dodgy seller and it MUST be on a clean install. I've only had a problem with one seller and must have bought 10 plus. A clean install doesn't cause problems for me, as mentioned many times, I think it's the best way to start.