Canon Lbp 6200 Printer Probs With Apple MacBook Pro

Catalina OS on Apple Macbookpro with MS Word for Mac v. 16.37 and can only print out one page of the .docx file.  It was printing entire files until the past few days. As far as I am aware there are no error messages 

"Printers, Scanners, Accessories Incompatible or Don’t Work with MacOS Catalina

Some users have found that printers, scanners, and other hardware accessories are no longer working after updating to MacOS Catalina.

This may be related to the loss of 32-bit application support, as some older printers and drivers are not updated to 64-bit.

Numerous reports exist of various Brother, Epson, HP, and other printers and accessories are incompatible with MacOS Catalina currently.

A good first step would be to reach out to the manufacturer of the printer, scanner, or hardware accessory and see if new drivers or related software are available with MacOS Catalina compatibility.

If new Catalina compatible drivers are available, install them to regain access to the printer, scanner, or hardware accessory."

[Source: https://osxdaily.com/2019/10/09/troubleshooting-macos-catalina-problems/]

there are catalina support files on the canon website for this printer, so I would assume it's supported..

I'd unplug the printer, remove all software and any reference to it, and try the stuff on their website 

downloaded and sought to instal printer driver for Mac OS Catalina.  Message says firmware version of printer not supported. Please let me know how to deal with that?

Think this and other issues I’ve been suffering are Catalina-related. How do I go about reverting g to previous os and how long is it likely to take.?  Thanks 

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204904

The link above covers various options. Depending on the age of your mac, select the keys to install the OS it came with. If it's new and came with Catalina, we'll have to look for other ways. I had a quick look for your printer and it wasn't showing any firmware upgrades. One last thing to note, it's only a matter of time before 64bit is the norm. I have a 2019 iMac and don't find I have many major issues, it might be better to dig a bit deeper rather than go for a full roll back of the OS. Have a read on the link and see what you want to do. It doesn't take too long but time to complete is hardware dependant. Don't forget to backup what you want to keep.

Seriously, what kind of printer is only effectively supported for two OS revisions?  Really?

I have been running a Samsung Xpress M2026W for years and it still runs after 4 major MacOS revisions and ran it with Windows 7 and 10 along with Android 10 and 4 major versions of iOS.

I would just bin the printer and pick something more reliable.

8 hours ago, Albert the Cat said:

Seriously, what kind of printer is only effectively supported for two OS revisions?  Really?

I have been running a Samsung Xpress M2026W for years and it still runs after 4 major MacOS revisions and ran it with Windows 7 and 10 along with Android 10 and 4 major versions of iOS.

I would just bin the printer and pick something more reliable.

And that can be the problem with some hardware manufacturers. They bail out that many models per year and then don't provide support. Ironically my sub £50 Canon All in One has full support! A valid point about another printer but annoying that people should spend due to lack of support (from some companies)

10 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

Or you could live dangerously and install Linux on it! 😃

Not on mine, it's very happy with macOS on a Thunderbolt 3 M.2 nVME and Windows running from the internal SSD (Not Bootcamp) It's not a cheap upgrade at nearly £250 but all the hardware is cross platform if I decide to return to stock. I don't think this is possible on all macs due to the security chip but on mine it was very little trouble.

I must try to leave things alone but I got bored during the lockdown and the "no pub" money paid for the parts 😉

Edited by zach

thanks guys.  much appreciated. think it's all now resolved - thankfully

how do i clear print buffer of aforesaid printer?  Many thanks