4 hours ago, Andy C said:

tbh the prescription situation was OK when it was a simple repeat prescription as the chemist sorted that out, service very good. However now I can't request a repeat prescription as they say I have to contact doctor for annual review.

When they changed online systems I couldn't get on the new one. Looking now to get on it you have to apply for two user access codes which involves filling in a physical printed form and getting it to the surgery.

I'll just give them a call, hopefully they will do it over the phone again in the circumstances, staff were sound to be fair.

It will be an arse when I have to actually go for an appointment though, hence needing to change practices!

Good news, they are now allowing patients to book appointments at the Avenue Medical Practice in Greenhill that the same management has taken over as well as Jordanthorpe, so sensible location now available again!

Still think it was a bit naughty on their part making the move during the Coronavirus pandemic and before such arrangements had been put in place.

Edited by Andy C

Previous to Covid 19 Boots collected my  repeat prescription from my GP surgery every month, prepared it and text me when it was  ready to collect. When I became  designated as ‘extremely vulnerable  to the virus’ I asked them to deliver but was refused unless I paid £5 per item. I signed up for Boots online  free delivery. 1st month ok but 2nd month, despite reorder 2 weeks in, no delivery. Took 3 days to get through on phone, then passed around various phone numbers. Another 2 days, now without medication, trying to reach Boots, when I got through told my prescription was waiting to be dispensed. I finally got it after 6 days with no medication. Last saw hub GP 17th Feb with symptoms, given prescription and referral for heart scan. GP refused repeat prescription and scan cancelled. Symptoms now much worse and having to go to GP after 10 weeks home confinement, worried about taxi transport, GP appointment and collecting prescription when NHS letter advises not to leave home under any circumstances 

10 hours ago, catmiss said:

Previous to Covid 19 Boots collected my  repeat prescription from my GP surgery every month, prepared it and text me when it was  ready to collect. When I became  designated as ‘extremely vulnerable  to the virus’ I asked them to deliver but was refused unless I paid £5 per item. I signed up for Boots online  free delivery. 1st month ok but 2nd month, despite reorder 2 weeks in, no delivery. Took 3 days to get through on phone, then passed around various phone numbers. Another 2 days, now without medication, trying to reach Boots, when I got through told my prescription was waiting to be dispensed. I finally got it after 6 days with no medication. Last saw hub GP 17th Feb with symptoms, given prescription and referral for heart scan. GP refused repeat prescription and scan cancelled. Symptoms now much worse and having to go to GP after 10 weeks home confinement, worried about taxi transport, GP appointment and collecting prescription when NHS letter advises not to leave home under any circumstances 

Could you sign up for the NHS volunteer service to collect your medication for you?  0808 196 3646 to self refer.

In response to the OP, it might depend exactly where you're living, but try

Walkley House MC

The Crookes Practice

Upperthorpe MC

Manchester Road Surgery

Selbourne (these last two are if you will be up the top end of Crookes)

Broomhill Surgery

4 minutes ago, Becky B said:

Could you sign up for the NHS volunteer service to collect your medication for you?  0808 196 3646 to self refer.

10 hours ago, catmiss said:

catmiss  You should email the CEO  Sebastian James and complain to him directly and not waste time and effort if you can not get through on the phone and venting on social media as you want this fixed for the duration

On 22/05/2020 at 11:02, Bigal1 said:

catmiss  You should email the CEO  Sebastian James and complain to him directly and not waste time and effort if you can not get through on the phone and venting on social media as you want this fixed for the duration

Hello Catmiss,  I have a card from Community Helpline, lines open 8.45 to 4.45 (Sheffield Council)

I rang them and was set up with someone to collect from  pharmacy (after ordering from GP) Worked a treat.

Edited by Bluey37
forgot to include phone number. 0114 273 4567

I use Pharmacy 2U, they provide a fantastic free service.  A friend of mine has paid up front for Boots to deliver her meds and the service she receives isn't great.  

20 hours ago, catmiss said:

If you have heart trouble as bad as it sounds, its been said many times on the media, ring for an Ambulance and go to A&E . as soon as you read my post, do not wait till tomorrow