Falconer lane Fence

hi again lyndon, we were moved out roughly fifty eight fifty nine cant remember exact date we didnt keep records then but happy to move to a brand new semi on arcubus avenue at swallownest. you wouldnt know of course we only had gas ,no hot water, no electric no cooker no back door, but you could go to bed and leave your door unlocked also only outside toilets. the house you refer to used to be for woodhouse mill railway stationmaster and occupied by a family (coincidentally) called falconer,  remember that cos they had a daughter called ann very nice looking girl.dont forget also that the road was only single carriage way regards.

hi classic fan yes i know steve lindley me and his dad are lifelong friends always together as kids,dont get many loyal mates like that nowadays regards

2 hours ago, Lenlunn said:

hi again lyndon, we were moved out roughly fifty eight fifty nine cant remember exact date we didnt keep records then but happy to move to a brand new semi on arcubus avenue at swallownest. you wouldnt know of course we only had gas ,no hot water, no electric no cooker no back door, but you could go to bed and leave your door unlocked also only outside toilets. the house you refer to used to be for woodhouse mill railway stationmaster and occupied by a family (coincidentally) called falconer,  remember that cos they had a daughter called ann very nice looking girl.dont forget also that the road was only single carriage way regards.

I remember  trying to cross the road  from fence workshop side after getting off bus with my mum inthe early seventies traffic was constant  both ways . when we told my grandad he said he could remember  playing football  on the same spot before the first world war  all day and they had to stop  once for a horse and  cart to get past  cheers  Len and every body for your comments

My grandmother lived on Falconer Lane. My dad was born there (Charlie Taylor) 2nd house last block going towards dyke.

My grandmother lived on Falconer Lane. My dad was born there (Charlie Taylor) 2nd house last block going towards dyke.

Would the Charlie Taylor be any relation to Peter Taylor - he would be about 80 now if still alive would have been born 1940 I think

I know him from Falconer Lane and also Woodhouse Grammar School 1951-think he left before me in 1956

I remember Edgar Linley, and Danny White (and his horse and cart)  and the guy who opened the transport café about 1964/5 - Ernest Hall - friend of my fathers - Ernest used to go into the Station Hotel near the station

At the bottom of Smallage Lane was a detached house and the old guy there built a caravan for my father in the 1940's - maybe 1947 - we towed it to Danes Dyke Bridlington for a summer season and then it was moved Skegness, on a site not far from Butlins for about 5 years

I note Lenny mentions Arcabus Avenue - my grandparents lived in  one of the bungalows there 1962/3 to 1971

Memories of Smallage Wood, walking the dog in there, riding my motorcycle in there, fishing for frogs and newts in the lake - long time ago now 

Regards from Malaysia - Victor Hutchinson

3 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Knocked about with a guy called Trevor Buzzy had running dogs and terriers around 1980.

Your pal Trevor Bussey is a relative of mine and still lives 'not a million miles' from Falconer Lane. He still loves his dogs and other animals.

echo.

I remember some of the names on there my uncle Ronnie Clayton  also bred running dogs on Falconer lane 

Wonder who the guy was who used to come into the Station Hotel pub near Woodhouse Station at the top of Furnace Lane around 1964/5.  Pleasant guy usually with Ernest Hall and sometimes Cyril Renwick (Cyril lived on one of the streets off Furnace Lane). The guy I am thinking of had a J4 Austin van with sliding doors and would be a bit younger than Ernest

Another name which comes to mind re Falconer Lane was called Allhouse - tall guy. long sideburns - I sold him my silver colour Humber Super Snipe in about 1962

Mmmm I am just 80 now so most likely these guys may well have died unfortunately

Best Wishes Victor - Malaysia

Edgar is still with us I live next door to him, what a lovely man he is .

Edited by Shawfamily