Does anyone no of any good ponds/lakes or rivers/canals in and around sheffield where i can catch some nice carp cheers in advance 

Alderfen, at Wroot has three carp lakes, all day ticket. It's  a 35-40 minute drive from Sheffield.  They're  on Facebook. Somewhere  closer to home is Crookes Valley Park near the Childrens Hospital which is free fishing.  Wentworth fishery near Rotherham is season permit only.

23 minutes ago, charliewag said:

Alderfen, at Wroot has three carp lakes, all day ticket. It's  a 35-40 minute drive from Sheffield.  They're  on Facebook. Somewhere  closer to home is Crookes Valley Park near the Childrens Hospital which is free fishing.  Wentworth fishery near Rotherham is season permit only.

Nice one cheers for that pal is there still carp in crookes valley pond then???? 

The big lake at Kiveton Waters is stuffed with carp, most of the silverfish were removed last year. For a fiver a day you'll not get better.

Speak to Johnathon at 6am tackle for best information.

On 12/05/2020 at 12:17, Mr Hinks said:

The big lake at Kiveton Waters is stuffed with carp, most of the silverfish were removed last year. For a fiver a day you'll not get better.

Speak to Johnathon at 6am tackle for best information.

Hi Mr H

Do you just turn up and pay for a day ticket or is it possible that it's matched up?

Cheers, Biggsy 🙂

Yes tickets on the bank. Beware of how much you feed, the extra pressure on fisheries generally around Sheffield have been showing low catch rates for out of touch anglers.

The amount of anglers is the only reason. Furloughed anglers have to spend their time somewhere and why not.

In warmer months it's far worse with fisheries being peg for peg, lots of returning anglers who used to fish rivers or natural venues are hitting local commies are feeding far too much.

Edit 

At present there are no matches. Most fisheries accommodate pleasure anglers.

Edited by Mr Hinks

Been some good weights of Carp coming out of Harthill Reservoir on the matches before the lockdown, but I believe  they are dropping the water levels to carry out some work.  

3 hours ago, Mr Hinks said:

Yes tickets on the bank. Beware of how much you feed, the extra pressure on fisheries generally around Sheffield have been showing low catch rates for out of touch anglers.

The amount of anglers is the only reason. Furloughed anglers have to spend their time somewhere and why not.

In warmer months it's far worse with fisheries being peg for peg, lots of returning anglers who used to fish rivers or natural venues are hitting local commies are feeding far too much.

Edit 

At present there are no matches. Most fisheries accommodate pleasure anglers.

Many thanks Mr Hinks 👍

When I used to fish regularly I didn't over feed, When I saw how much groundbait went in in matches I couldn't believe it! 😲

Cheers 🙂

31lb 1oz from the lily pond yesterday. Method feeder with 2mm pellets and A 6mm pellet hook bait.

The fish went in before Christmas.

On 19/01/2021 at 14:26, DaveGas said:

Been some good weights of Carp coming out of Harthill Reservoir on the matches before the lockdown, but I believe  they are dropping the water levels to carry out some work.  

Harthill is not a carp fishery you can go all week and not catch one. 

Another 30lb fish at Aston yesterday, seems like they're having a chomp.