Lost Postal Item

I ordered a pair of secateurs on line on 22 April.

Delivery was 3- 5 days.

It hasn't arrived yet although despatched.

I know the post might be slow due to covid but how much longer should I give it before taking action?

I would give it a bit more time what with the covid and a bank holiday.

While waiting ,I would notify the retailer  just so they know . You don't want a situation where you wait and it never arrives. Then the retailer says you should have notified us earlier etc.

I ordered something from E Bay and it arrived 14 days after it being posted. I did notify the sender 3-4 days prior to its arrival.

Like forgeman I have waited for ebay items overdue by more than a week.  They were all Royal Mail.  Some private couriers are much quicker.  Staff shortage at RM is probably the reason, they were cut to the bone after privatization and have little cover for self-isolating staff.  I would give it a few more days.  One seller gave me a refund then the item was delivered later that day.  I then had to repay the refund.  I've learnt to be patient! 

Posties arent even delivering letters on Saturdays at the moment, only parcels, in an attempt to get on top of a massive backlog.

Edited by nikki-red

Thank you for your replies.

I was going to contact the seller this morning  but typicaly the postman  has just delivered them.

21 hours ago, davyboy said:

Thank you for your replies.

I was going to contact the seller this morning  but typicaly the postman  has just delivered them.

Out of curiosity, was the postmark/stamp a UK one? It wouldn't be the first time I've bought things that "seem" to be from a UK company, and UK delivery times. When the items come, they are from China etc.

The main thing is, you got them.

23 hours ago, zach said:

Out of curiosity, was the postmark/stamp a UK one? It wouldn't be the first time I've bought things that "seem" to be from a UK company, and UK delivery times. When the items come, they are from China etc.

The main thing is, you got them.

yes the parcel was posted in the UK and had uk stamp.