Is There A Site Showing Planned Dates For Uk Fibre Installations ?

I have looked online for this to no avail. I just thought someone may be aware of a site with details of areas of the UK, with scheduled dates   for fibre installations.

I was talking with one of the well-know providers. They explained that eventually the aim of BT/Open reach is to install fibre for BB throughout the UK. I cannot find specific details beyond this.

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband

The Openreach website did used to show at what stage of implementation they were at. I don't have an address to test anymore since we have it now. 

Rather curiously, our property in Sheffield now has Gfast.

Edited by Albert the Cat

In January TalkTalk promised and sold us  their Faster Fibre offer.

They sent the new box and the Outreach man came around with his box.

Despite the fibre cabinets being fitted in the road the 18+ months ago there was then no  fibre to the house.

Outreach left all the stuff.  The wi-fi is now excellent.

In the last few weeks Virgin have been laying fibre along the roads from the fibre boxes on our road. 

All this fibre seems to come from Broomhill exchange

Does this mean many of the newly re-surfaced roads and pavements are going to be dug up again?

50 minutes ago, carosio said:

Does this mean many of the newly re-surfaced roads and pavements are going to be dug up again?

They are being dug up along the pavements and to each property. The dimensions are quite small and shallow and the finishing  is excellent.

You don't technically get fibre to the house unless you pay a lot more money, fibre goes to the cabinet on your street and it's just your existing phone cable for FTTC. Sounds like the box is either not sorted for fibre or not enabled at the exchange. Woodseats was bad for this, exchange was enabled but they never enabled half the cabinets. Probably something to do with Virgin since Woodseats was a Virgin BB area.

Entering an address on BT's website will tell you their plans.

Edited by Guest

14 minutes ago, probedb said:

You don't technically get fibre to the house unless you pay a lot more money, fibre goes to the cabinet on your street and it's just your existing phone cable for FTTC. Sounds like the box is either not sorted for fibre or not enabled at the exchange. Woodseats was bad for this, exchange was enabled but they never enabled half the cabinets. Probably something to do with Virgin since Woodseats was a Virgin BB area.

Entering an address on BT's website will tell you their plans.

Five+ years ago they built(added) new cabinets 200m away on our road.

Two weeks ago they dug shallow trenches along the pavement and inserted green fibre optic cables with a spur to the boundary of each property with a small manhole at the end.

Being nosey I asked the onsight engineer (not Outreach) what would happen next he replied that in the future their will be various onward connections options within the property. Some would be free through sponsorship or necessity associated with maintenance  and/or removal of landline copper connections. 

Try https://availability.samknows.com/broadband/broadband_checker

Caveat: there and on the Openreach website I watched for 3 years as my exchange went from "assessing" to just before "accepting orders" where it stuck for 2 years then crashed back to assessing.   Openreach just ignored my emails.  

Openreach have a detailed map of where they're installing FTTP see:  FTTP map here . On the same page is a downloadable PDF version which is easy to view. There's also a form on this page where you can register your interest for FTTP or FTTC. However when I did this no-one contacted me when it became available. There are plenty of places to check for broadband deals by postcode which will let you know whats already available.