Information, Advice And Discussion About Islam For Non-Muslims

Hi FM - I'm safe and well as I hope you are too.

"manageable sections"! The whole thing would be considerably more manageable if you didn't repeat........

"The Holy Prophet (ﷺ- salutation and peace be upon him)"

.......all the time.

You may think this is a trivial point but why do you have to repeat this all the time? I got it after the first two repetitions. 

Are you encouraged, forced, obliged to repeat this in everyday conversation too?

It's this kind of unthinking repetition that I find off putting. It is common in many religions. 

It  makes me think that sheer belief is what matters and logical , analytical thinking is subdued or even discouraged.

29 minutes ago, Flanker7 said:

Hi FM - I'm safe and well as I hope you are too.

"manageable sections"! The whole thing would be considerably more manageable if you didn't repeat........

"The Holy Prophet (ﷺ- salutation and peace be upon him)"

.......all the time.

You may think this is a trivial point but why do you have to repeat this all the time? I got it after the first two repetitions. 

Are you encouraged, forced, obliged to repeat this in everyday conversation too?

It's this kind of unthinking repetition that I find off putting. It is common in many religions. 

It  makes me think that sheer belief is what matters and logical , analytical thinking is subdued or even discouraged.

Because most of his posts are copy and pasted.

A lot of info in general like that can be read on the internet by anyone. 

I was hoping FM would use this thread to ANSWER genuine questions if anyone wanted to ask or had an interest in the religion. 

Instead I find he is throwing out info that isn't directly necessary, and comes across as a preacher.

46 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

I was hoping FM would use this thread to ANSWER genuine questions if anyone wanted to ask or had an interest in the religion. 

Instead I find he is throwing out info that isn't directly necessary, and comes across as a preacher.

Because no one is bothered to ask much in the way of questions the thread keeps getting bumped by him when it nears the bottom of the page, so yes it seems it's more about preaching than answering questions. 

Hello Flanker7, Mr Fisk and apelike,

Thanks for your feedback.

• Flanker7 - point taken, thanks for highlighting that reading the post is becoming difficult. I agree with you, the long English translation is not needed each time (I was only adding that as a courtesy for English readers, but once or twice at the start will be sufficient). I would like to keep adding the small, concise Arabic salutation ﷺ - that is good practice, basically.
  • Mr Fisk - 'copied and pasted' - wow, no chance! These are 100% genuine posts that I have written - you won't find these anywhere else! And they are catered for non-Muslim, English readers whilst providing the real, inside Islamic details of each subject.
  • apelike - I don't really know when I am getting to the bottom of a page (still new to Sheffield Forum)!

I am more than happy to take your questions, but I always envisaged that I would need to give you some subject content for you to ask about. And I re-emphasize that I don't think straying into 'preaching' is a bad thing (where do you draw the line, by the way?). Discussion is good, and preaching is good, but I certainly don't want to patronise or criticise anyone whilst doing either. 

I have been in this game for a long time now, and my reliance on Allah suggests, and experience has shown, that someone out there (I do not know who) is reading these posts and Allah is softening their heart towards Islam. This is the beauty of how Allah works.

Please let me know how you found the content. I plan to compose two new parts to the post above (but could try to squeeze it into one if people prefer). The above post sets the scene really, the next parts will be more relevant to you and will contain messages within them for you. I'll take your comments on-board regardless.

Please remember that to me, your feedback, even if negative, is a million times better than a polite silence and no response, so I really do appreciate your comments above.

Thanks all three.

Edited by Friendly Muslim

Fm

Why do you think us non muslims would want, or need to know what you are posting? i personally think you are flogging a dead horse, religion is no longer a popular past time in the weston and alot of the asian world .  

6 minutes ago, kidley said:

Fm

Why do you think us non muslims would want, or need to know what you are posting? i personally think you are flogging a dead horse, religion is no longer a popular past time in the weston and alot of the asian world .  

How coronavirus is leading to a religious revival
As Covid-19 reminds us of life’s fragility, an increasing number of people are turning to faith and spirituality.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/religion/2020/04/how-coronavirus-leading-religious-revival

On 19/06/2020 at 12:23, alchresearch said:

How coronavirus is leading to a religious revival
As Covid-19 reminds us of life’s fragility, an increasing number of people are turning to faith and spirituality.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/religion/2020/04/how-coronavirus-leading-religious-revival

I wonder how they "the newstatesman" come to that conclusion when all the worship places are closed during lockdown?

6 minutes ago, kidley said:

I wonder how they "the newstatesman" come to that conclusion when all the worship places are closed during lockdown?

Increased downloading and physical sales of the Bible.  Says so in the article.

Hello Everybody,

I hope you are well and enjoying the lockdown relaxations safely and righteously. As our lives get busier again there will be less time for reflection, and I am struggling to prepare my next big post.

In the interim, I wanted to highight the life of Muhammad Pickthall (https://www.globalvillagespace.com/remembering-muhammad-pickthall-qurans-first-credible-english-translator/) - a revert to Islam from the early 20th Century. As the linked article explains, he has widely been congratulated for writing the first credible English translation of the Holy Quran.

A few verses that he translated are given below:

Chapter 42 Surah Shuraa (Consultation)

1  Ha. Mim.*

2  Ain. Sin. Qaf.*

3  Thus Allah the Mighty, the Knower inspireth thee (Muhammad) as (He inspired) those before thee. 

4  Unto Him belongeth all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth, and He is the Sublime, the Tremendous. 

5  Almost might the heavens above be rent asunder while the angels hymn the praise of their Lord and ask forgiveness for those on the earth. Lo! Allah is the Forgiver, the Merciful. 

*These are letters of Arabic alphabet that appear in the Holy Quran as verses - we do not fully understand their meaning or significance (only Allah knows).

I hope you enjoyed this short post.

Thanks FM for all your patience and hard work in this thread.

Much appreciated 😊

Hi Friendly Muslim,

What do you think about women renouncing Islam and fleeing Saudi Arabia. Then being detained by foreign powers, no doubt at the behest of Saudi authorities, or powerful connected Saudi men. Then beaten up, duct taped wrists, ankles and mouth, before being forcibly  abducted on to a plane back to SA, and then imprisoned / tortured / murdered?

Just for reference: 

Edited by Waldo