Fishing At Last?

When we can  get back fishing where do you want to go first?

Tough one. Do I go to banker where I'll catch something or try something new and interesting?

I'll be fishing the two fisheries of which i'm a member. I've already told my boss i'll be taking a week off at short notice when we get the o.k. ( he knows i'm suffering! ).

Been for a walk on the canal today. Small fish topping everyway, then we saw a big shoal of bream. All in the 2 - 3lb bracket. I would like to get fishing again, but nice to watch them at the moment. Pity some are still flouting the rules. 

15 hours ago, drolnhoj said:

Been for a walk on the canal today. Small fish topping everyway, then we saw a big shoal of bream. All in the 2 - 3lb bracket. I would like to get fishing again, but nice to watch them at the moment. Pity some are still flouting the rules. 

Can't stand fishing, I do however like to observe  them swimming about.. sounds very interesting your comment about the bream.

Will have to have a wander around your neck of the woods John.

Can't decide where I'll start, plenty of local waters to go at. probably will be Sidefarm.

Expect everywhere to be rammed with anglers.

Edited by Mr Hinks

22 minutes ago, Mr Hinks said:

Can't decide where I'll start, plenty of local waters to go at. probably will be Sidefarm.

Expect everywhere to be rammed with anglers.

I'm hoping all fisheries, to start with, are well marshalled by the owners. There will a fair amount of anglers of a certain age going so we don't want scrums in car parks etc.

Fishery owner have been starved of cash for the last few weeks. When the go ahead is given it will be like releasing the hounds.

I expect nothing less than a free for all to get their chosen pegs. Age won't be a concern for anyone but us old gits, think the worst, then anything better will be welcome.

Culture secretary  Oliver Dowden mentioned sports that would be allowed yesterday. Sports mentioned would be golf, tennis and fishing.

Listening to his statement would you take the risk and start fishing or use your own discretion waiting a while. I can see the lock down being lifted for a week or two then being put back with an even longer wait to follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52612438 -

14:24

Tennis and fishing allowed from later this week

Unlimited exercise was announced on Sunday by the prime minister and now the strategy document has given more detail on what is and is not allowed.

Playing tennis and going fishing will be fine from Wednesday - as long as you are only with one member of your household.

People can now drive as far as they want to exercise.

However, team sports will not be permitted, except with a person from your own household, according to the strategy.

Playgrounds, outdoor gyms and "ticketed outdoor leisure venues" - where there is a higher risk of close contact - also remain off-limits under step one of the plans.

The reopening of such leisure facilities may only be "fully possible significantly later" depending on the reduction in infections, it added.

Sage - the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies - has said that the risk of transmission of coronavirus outdoors is far lower than in an enclosed space.

3 hours ago, Groose said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-52612438 -

14:24

Tennis and fishing allowed from later this week

Unlimited exercise was announced on Sunday by the prime minister and now the strategy document has given more detail on what is and is not allowed.

Playing tennis and going fishing will be fine from Wednesday - as long as you are only with one member of your household.

People can now drive as far as they want to exercise.

However, team sports will not be permitted, except with a person from your own household, according to the strategy.

Playgrounds, outdoor gyms and "ticketed outdoor leisure venues" - where there is a higher risk of close contact - also remain off-limits under step one of the plans.

The reopening of such leisure facilities may only be "fully possible significantly later" depending on the reduction in infections, it added.

Sage - the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies - has said that the risk of transmission of coronavirus outdoors is far lower than in an enclosed space.

Great news but I think I'll still give it a miss till next week and see how things progress. Not been for several weeks so a few more days isn't a problem. 

1 hour ago, drolnhoj said:

Great news but I think I'll still give it a miss till next week and see how things progress. Not been for several weeks so a few more days isn't a problem. 

I’m giving it a miss, partly because of a bad back, partly because it’s cold and partly as I suspect it’s going to be a scrum for the first few days. Some people are going to treat them as a crèche for their offspring as they often do during the summer holidays. Might have a drive round tomorrow if I’ve got some errands to run.

But, back and weather permitting, Sunday.