Fishing At Last?

If either of my local fisheries do open weds i'll find it hard to resist an evening session. Failing that, i've got next week off to have some long sessions.

loxley fishery opens thursday you have to pre book a peg,only 15 pegs available to accomadate social distancing pay by paypal or bank transfer £6  first come first served fully booked up to sunday all info on loxley fishery facebook page

33 minutes ago, jonnythefox said:

loxley fishery opens thursday you have to pre book a peg,only 15 pegs available to accomadate social distancing pay by paypal or bank transfer £6  first come first served fully booked up to sunday all info on loxley fishery facebook page

That's how it should be done!

My local fishery has stated that when the allocated pegs are taken the gate will be locked and a Fishery Full sign put up. Bailiffs will be doing various shifts to ensure anglers stick to the rules.

Just now, charliewag said:

My local fishery has stated that when the allocated pegs are taken the gate will be locked and a Fishery Full sign put up. Bailiffs will be doing various shifts to ensure anglers stick to the rules.

Brilliant, sometimes I think alot of fisheries don't give a toss but thats good work.

Anyone know of any tackle shops open selling maggots ie kerfoots etc

I don't know if tackle shops are open yet but even when they do I think you'll have to wait a bit for maggots as I should imagine maggot farms will have to start again from scratch.

Wickersley Angling and Stainforth angling doing phone order and collect , look on there facebook pages for details and opening times

Orders are collected at door and card payment

i would like to go to the canal ,i used to go to the plumpers stretch, i,ve had some good days there but i dont think its as accessible as it used to be the other place i would like to go when the season opens would be ecclesfield pond thats a place that has improved over the years 

The Angling Trust as been in consultation with the Government to get match fishing allowed, so long as social distancing is kept then match fishing is allowed. So keep nets are to be allowed.