George Michael

On C5 last night was a programme basically about the rise and fall of George Michael . He’s not my favourite singer but I found the programme very interesting. Although it was a repeat I hadn’t seen it before. It told you the stress that popular singers are under to stay on top. Towards the end of his life he was a heavy drug user, but he also gave a lot of money anonymously to charity.

When the Glazers bought Manchester United some of the fans set up a separate club - F.C.  United -  George Michael donated £10,000 to the new club

4 minutes ago, cressida said:

When the Glazers bought Manchester United some of the fans set up a separate club - F.C.  United -  George Michael donated £10,000 to the new club

I’m very impressed by this side of him. It said on the programme that he gave money to this couple to have IVF , and it was successful.

He gave £8000 to a waitress who was working to get through university as she served him in a cafe 

I've a lot of respect for people who do that,  often when I read genuine hard luck stories I hope that the wealthy  help them out

25 minutes ago, pattricia said:

I’m very impressed by this side of him. It said on the programme that he gave money to this couple to have IVF , and it was successful.

That was Lynette Gillard- she appeared on Deal or No Deal hoping to win at least £15k for IVF treatment.

She didn't win but George Michael had watched the show and rang (Ch 4) the next day to give the full £15k to her.

1 hour ago, Mr Fisk said:

That was Lynette Gillard- she appeared on Deal or No Deal hoping to win at least £15k for IVF treatment.

She didn't win but George Michael had watched the show and rang (Ch 4) the next day to give the full £15k to her.

A lot of people say if it’s anonymous why is it publicised, but it’s the people he gives it to who make it public.

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

A lot of people say if it’s anonymous why is it publicised, but it’s the people he gives it to who make it public.

I believe it only came to light after his death.

37 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

I believe it only came to light after his death.

Exactly. It would be disclosed in his will.

4 hours ago, pattricia said:

Exactly. It would be disclosed in his will.

Really?

How so?