Sign in to follow this  

Foods Changing To Vegan Recipes

Maybe contentious, but one that has confused me recently.

We used to buy battered onion rings and curly fries from Morrisons, but then around Christmas the packaging changed and they were now labelled as "vegan",

Fair enough we thought, onion rings and chips are fairly standard.

However, these new recipe onion rings are rather tasteless and quite mushy in the middle, and the fries are extremely dry and tasteless compared to the old ones, so surely this isn't improving a recipe so much as trying to broaden the appeal at the expense of product quality?

Since they no longer stock the old, non-vegan products, we don't spend as much in Morrisons.

I understand the appeal of vegan food, but surely they should still stock the old variety for the people who don't care?

Have been vegan since the 80s and have never come across fries/chips that aren't vegan. Apart from stuff labelled 'Traditional thick cut chips in Goose fat'

I suspect the recipe has changed and coincidentally they have made vegan labelling more visible.

McCains chips are vegan, Aunt Bessie's chips are vegan.

I ordered some Morrisons chips for my mum recently and she complained they were tasteless, so she's back with the Aunt Bessie's