Electric Scooters

25 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Why is it ridiculous ?

My daughter was riding an electric scooter at the age of 12, did she need a licence?

Guest sibon
56 minutes ago, El Cid said:

A  21-year-old was arrested and taken into custody, where a subsequent breath test recorded an alcohol reading of 106. The legal limit is 35.

When the case reached York Magistrates’ Court, Armstrong pleaded guilty to drink driving and was sentenced on on Monday September 20.

He was disqualified from driving any kind of vehicle, including cars, for 23 months.

How rediculous, its things like this that should be changed. Why is our democracy so slow to change important issues?

It isn’t ridiculous, it is absolutely correct. Miles over the drink drive limit in charge of a powered vehicle. 

If anything, he’s got off lightly.

I can’t understand why you think it is ridiculous.

7 minutes ago, El Cid said:

My daughter was riding an electric scooter at the age of 12, did she need a licence?

Where was she riding it?

Edited by sibon

13 minutes ago, sibon said:

It isn’t ridiculous, it is absolutely correct. Miles over the drink drive limit in charge of a powered vehicle. 

If anything, he’s got off lightly.  I can’t understand why you think it is ridiculous.

The news paper report states that he was given a roadside breath test, but the street is pedestrianised, so it would be a pathside breath test.

Edited by El Cid

1 minute ago, El Cid said:

The new paper report states that he was given a roadside breath test, but the street is pedestrianised, so it would be a pathside breath test.

????

Guest sibon
1 minute ago, El Cid said:

The new paper report states that he was given a roadside breath test, but the street is pedestrianised, so it would be a pathside breath test.

It wouldn’t. It would be an on path breath test.

Not that it makes any difference. He’s still a danger to the public and the police seem to

have done a good job.

6 minutes ago, sibon said:

It wouldn’t. It would be an on path breath test.

Not that it makes any difference. He’s still a danger to the public and the police seem to

have done a good job.

If he drives a forklift truck, would he lose his job too?

3 minutes ago, El Cid said:

If he drives a forklift truck, would he lose his job too?

For drink driving / being drunk in charge of a motorized vehicle ,  yes . Sorry  I thought you said " should " he lose his job .

Edited by hackey lad

24 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

For drink driving / being drunk in charge of a motorized vehicle ,  yes . Sorry  I thought you said " should " he lose his job .

My point is that he wouldnt lose his job, because driving a forklift is a different licence. Different vehicles have different licences.

Why is riding an electric scooter on the path the same licence as driving a car/HGV on a highway?

Guest sibon
59 minutes ago, El Cid said:

My point is that he wouldnt lose his job, because driving a forklift is a different licence. Different vehicles have different licences.

Why is riding an electric scooter on the path the same licence as driving a car/HGV on a highway?

Because you are driving it on the highway. 

I don’t think I can make it any simpler for you.

Edited by sibon

10 hours ago, sibon said:

Because you are driving it on the highway. 

I don’t think I can make it any simpler for you.

I understand electric scooters are illegal, so does that mean anyone just using one would get their licence endorced for driving without insurance?