Lowedges Festival Canceled For 2020

we are now taking stall bookings for the lowedges festival on sun aug 9th at greenhill park

please note email and your forms will be sent in a few weeks,but those registered with a intrest will get first refusal

we will have classic cars,bikes,dog show,music,dance arena and much more over a big flat parkland site

we have a carboot area where you get a big 6x 4 metre sized area,you can share ,use marqee ect

we also offer a farmers market area size 4x4 metres 

also wanted hotfood,market stalls,food stalls,arts/crafts and more inc special prices for charity stalls all welcome

please note we can increase sizes

please apply via

[email protected]

sorry no funfair or inflatables

HI with mr H&S officer in place and bid money arriving,we will send out forms /invites in the next few weeks and a indication of what will be on offer,as you all appreciate we have to aquire the basic costs first,and as it is with bids many come later than the previous year making us a few weeks later than normal,thank you all for bearing with us,announcements of everything april/may thank you all.

hi all this is our latest update from the committee,we will announce in may if and when this event will take place,we have secured with SCC parks our date sun aug 9th also every sun up to the middle of sept,to try to solve whatever rules will be in place,we have secured several lots of bid money all subject to us holding a event in 2020,so bear with us and we will inform everyone via this page,once a decision has been made,but you will all agree in these difficult times,safety is our and the goverments main concern and we must all obey the countrys law,thank you from the lowedges community festival group

after long debates about the event a choice had to be made,with funds low,also its unknown if we can go ahead,we have had certain cash promises subject to us going ahead,funfair owners also unsure on areas of distancing ,we reluctantly decided to cancel this event and after 11 successful years it was not easy,so sorry but the publics safety and with the virus theres far more important things in this country,please note this also includes our huge 500 plus classic bike/car show,but hopefully we will be back in 2021

Good luck for 2021.

I am sure it will be back better than ever.

we will do our best ,I can assure you on that,but at this time our thoughts must be with those that have lost friends/relations ect and those that are ill,thank you for your kind words

A, no doubt, tough but very sensible decision, given the current circumstances.

what a great day we could of had ,a nice day,nice weather,had lots of calls ect,but lives are the most important and respect for those who have died,sorry but we had no choice,so lets pray that we can resume in 2021 and the we find a vaccine to this awfull pandemic ,so raise a glass and think of what we could of had and thanks for all your support,thank you for all your calls and watch this space thanks to all inc the forum for there support with this space,nothing will be published re this until jan 2021 here.

Hi Bassett. A couple of years ago there were some people putting together an exhibtion of memories of Lowedges. Are those photos and 'memories' still avialble to view?

hi

i have been retired from the tennants association for just over 12 months now,but i obtained grants of over £20,000 from the heritage lottery and  southyorkshire funders ect,this was spent and run by myself leading,but with the university archives and heeley city farm working and interviewing people on lowedges,looking at not just the people the shops,the park ect,ect,ect,the results are fantastic,one example a newly married 18 year old couple move here from attercliffe that had everything in those days,the nearest shop and bus was meadowhead,no pub ect,but at least the end of a tin bath and outside shared loo,plus lots more,they intend to continue and write a book,there were 2x exhibitions at the tennants hall,may and dec 2019.but i understand everything is on hold until covid 19 is gone,they had a 2 page write up in  the star the other sat  paper as well,but i will inform you if i find out anything,regarding myself i am also retired from the meadowhead bonfire,but i am still chair of friends of greenhill park and chair of our top festival,which myself and the committtee are working hard to secure for the 2nd sun in august 2021,we have bids galore in and hope we can go  ahead,will keep you informed ,all the best to yourself and our supporters of our gigantic festival and lets get back in 2021,great times ahead we hope.

Hope it's back and better than ever in 2021 Bassett one, I'm sure it will be 🙂👍