Sheffield Pub Given Prohibition Notice

43 minutes ago, Bigal1 said:

A shame the idiots he was serving were not all prosecuted as well

Probably doing less harm than the idiots at the seaside. 

9 minutes ago, gluedtopc said:

Probably doing less harm than the idiots at the seaside. 

So What

only cause there are more at the seaside but i would guess the odds of passing on the virus would be much larger in the pub

On 29/04/2020 at 16:37, melthebell said:

...for clearly being open during the Corona virus lockdown

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2020-04-29/sheffield-pub-served-prohibition-notice-after-people-found-hiding-in-cupboards

LOL at people hiding in cupboards, must be a bit awkward drinking a pint squashed into a cupboard

The pub should change its name to Mother Hubbards,  :hihi:

10 hours ago, Baron99 said:

1 hour ago, prince al said:

Blatantly flouting the law!

Seems to be one of those that thinks his opinion and will is better than the law. 

Time he saw a different set of bars to show him that he's wrong. 

Hopefully the authorities will jail him and destroy his stock this time but no doubt he will get just another slap on the wrist and told not to be a naughty boy

1 hour ago, Bigal1 said:

Hopefully the authorities will jail him and destroy his stock this time but no doubt he will get just another slap on the wrist and told not to be a naughty boy

It's about time our justice system had a change and made it so assets of criminals are seized and sold off. 

And by assets, I mean everything the criminal owns bar the clothes on their backs. 

Apparently there is (& I guess rightly so?), an appeals procedure & while this procedure takes place, the pubs are allowed to carry on trading. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/police-keeping-eye-sheffield-pubs-stripped-licences-after-breaking-lockdown-2904360

Far be it from me to suggest anything but I think we can see which way this one is going to go despite the repeated warnings & the flagrant breaking of the COVID-19 regulations? 

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Apparently there is (& I guess rightly so?), an appeals procedure & while this procedure takes place, the pubs are allowed to carry on trading. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/police-keeping-eye-sheffield-pubs-stripped-licences-after-breaking-lockdown-2904360

Far be it from me to suggest anything but I think we can see which way this one is going to go despite the repeated warnings & the flagrant breaking of the COVID-19 regulations? 

Baron 99 is absolutely correct. The legislation states that the revocation does not take effect for 21 days, and if an appeal is lodged at the Magistrates Court during that time, then the premises can continue with licensable activities until the outcome of the appeal is known. 

perhaps the authorities should think a bit out of the box, regular checks to make sure social distancing is applied and fines applied , vehicle checks on all cars outside and so on