Sheffield Pub Given Prohibition Notice

So the both the Pitsmoor Hotel & The Staffordshire Arms have had their licences removed. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-south-yorkshire-53151949

Can't say I have any sympathy for the licensee, Paul Greasby.  After all he was apparently previously warned about opening both pubs following the lockdown. 

Edited by Baron99

The governments <removed> on the pubs big time with all the covid measures. Destroyed an industry and all the other linked industries such as entertainment etc.  The industry is one of the biggest employers too. 

Edited by nikki-red

7 hours ago, rollwithit said:

The governments <removed> on the pubs big time with all the covid measures. Destroyed an industry and all the other linked industries such as entertainment etc.  The industry is one of the biggest employers too. 

I'm no fan of the Government, but they didn't really have a choice did they?

I understand that the tables outside the Dorothy Pax on Victoria Quays are a very popular place to enjoy a beer on these warm summer afternoons and evenings. 

12 hours ago, rollwithit said:

get real this was someone out to make a buck who cared nothing for the problems that the country faced as a result of Covid and thought himself above the law. Bet he was getting government furlough money at the same time. Serves him right

12 hours ago, rollwithit said:

Funny, a number of pubs I know adapted with takeaways - of both food and drink.

Perhaps its just the crap pubs that struggle?  Those that close down and don't realise it because they only sell bland cheap rubbish like Carling.

Just now, alchresearch said:

Funny, a number of pubs I know adapted with takeaways - of both food and drink.

Perhaps its just the crap pubs that struggle?  Those that close down and don't realise it because they only sell bland cheap rubbish like Carling.

I don't know about Sheffield by I understand quite a few other towns and cities still have an awful lot of pubs doing a takeaway service. And by takeaway I mean pints from a hatch - with little restrictions.

Hell , I read bout this & I can't believe how stupid that landlord was 

21 minutes ago, Darkwitch14 said:

Hell , I read bout this & I can't believe how stupid that landlord was 

believe me that landlord is more stupid than that 

13 hours ago, kidley said:

believe me that landlord is more stupid than that 

A shame the idiots he was serving were not all prosecuted as well