Supermarket Price Hike

It seems to be a bit of a talking point, at the moment, about the shopping bills going up.

My regular shopping, in this case is Morrisons in Hillsborough, seems to be about £30 more expensive than usual.  I've heard other people mention this about other supermarket's and even the nice lady at the checkouts when my wife was flabbergasted about a £97 bill put her head down as if to say she's heard this a few time already.

It seems that the offers are not on or where they used to be. I presume that this is to discourage people from buying to much, as in get one free or cheaper to buy two items at a time or is it just to cash in and be greedy?

Has anyone else noticed this?

The two for one on many items was removed  - especially when they introduced limiting items. (i always by 2 x digestive biscuits and that offer still isnt on)

Their cheapest kitchen rolls are now 30p more expensive than those prior to the lockdown - may be a different brand but still more expensive.

Even frozen eclairs(which i buy for my dog) have risen by 2p in the last 10 days.

So yes many things have gone up.

My local Asda no longer does Bogofs and they no longer stock own brand tinned soup and cereals, all of which increases my own food bill.

44 minutes ago, willman said:

The two for one on many items was removed

Yes- but this was on the edict of HMG and not because shops wished to sell fewer items.

40 minutes ago, Jeffrey Shaw said:

Yes- but this was on the edict of HMG and not because shops wished to sell fewer items.

Yep agree totally. Why would a supermaket want to sell less.

59 minutes ago, Monitor said:

My local Asda no longer does Bogofs and they no longer stock own brand tinned soup and cereals, all of which increases my own food bill.

It has been a neccessity for some to maintain stuff on shelves and also a bit of fortune that some supermarkets can move the £1.59 spaghetti at long last instead of on special occasions, and litchen roll at £3 each instead of own brand stuff(which im sure they had run of first).

39 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Alot of costs have gone for both supplier and retailer.

And its going to get worse - an 8p bottle for hand sanitisers(selling at 50p) is now going to be around  at least 12p if they can get them inside of 16 weeks.

I think when the Pubs reopen the beer prices are going to be through the roof the Brewery will make sure the Customers have to pay for the Lockdown losses.  :roll:

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I think when the Pubs reopen the beer prices are going to be through the roof the Brewery will make sure the Customers have to pay for the Lockdown losses.  :roll:

Beer prices will go through the roof because they will have to limit the number of people they can let in.

The pubs can please themselves, I wouldn't pay it even at pre-lockdown prices.

3 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Beer prices will go through the roof because they will have to limit the number of people they can let in.

I not sure how the limiting will work in a pub,  I think this is one example of where the City/Country will have to be Virus free before any type gatherings are allowed, just think one person at a gathering of any kind with the Virus will just kick it off all over again.  :huh:

51 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I not sure how the limiting will work in a pub,  I think this is one example of where the City/Country will have to be Virus free before any type gatherings are allowed, just think one person at a gathering of any kind with the Virus will just kick it off all over again.  :huh:

Table service for starters, no queuing up at the bar, they'll come to you, where you'll sit a certain distance apart.

As point of reference, I saw 4 lads - no masks - crammed in the front of a bin lorry today. 

9 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Table service for starters, no queuing up at the bar, they'll come to you, where you'll sit a certain distance apart.

As point of reference, I saw 4 lads - no masks - crammed in the front of a bin lorry today. 

There will always be idiots flouting the lockdown,  at this rate by the clowns knocking about, are we ever going to see the back of this Virus,  when restrictions are lifted I fear that we are not going to treat fellow man/woman in the street never the same way again,  or should I say it will take a long time. Either way  that is sad.