Talktalk Internet Down

Is anyone else affected by TalkTalk internet going down?

Seems to have started about 3pm this afternoon. 

Does your router show as disconnected, or does it still look ok?

the reason I ask is, Last time I used Talk Talk, we thought it kept cutting off, but it turned out it was only a DNS server issue... so using Googles DNS server(s) resolved any problems we had...

ever since, anyone who has issues with TalkTalk - I check this first, and 90% of the time it fixes the problem/issues..

HOWEVER, This likely wouldn't work if it was actually fully dropping the connection, (lights on the router go off/change etc)

my talktalk internet has been down 3 weeks four time engineers have arranged to visit  not one turned up i spent hours on the phone  to talktalk  gave up in the end  now gone to bt

4 hours ago, swarfendor437 said:

An alternative to Google DNS is Cloudflare and more secure:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-configure-cloudflare-dns-1111-service-windows-10-and-router

I've been on their IPv4 and 6 for a while now. No problems at all

As swarf linked, Primary is 1111 secondary is 1001. Not a chance of me remembering the IPv6 ones so you'll have to look them up. I can add them later if you want them.

20 hours ago, zach said:

I've been on their IPv4 and 6 for a while now. No problems at all

As swarf linked, Primary is 1111 secondary is 1001. Not a chance of me remembering the IPv6 ones so you'll have to look them up. I can add them later if you want them.

Hi zack - the IPv6 numbers are in that article I posted. 😉

1 hour ago, swarfendor437 said:

Hi zack - the IPv6 numbers are in that article I posted. 😉

Thanks swarf. I have them in a notepad doc, I don't remember them, just a copy and paste for IPv6 addresses.