Is This A Scam.?

My iPad keeps asking for my Apple password which I can’t remember so I just cancel the notice and it lets me online, but could this be a scam ? 

Maybe not.

You REALLY need to remember the Apple password. It could be trying to backup to iCloud and require the password. Without seeing it's hard to say for definite.

My iPhone randomly wants the passcode, I don't own an iPad any more so can't say if it's the same on those too.

4 minutes ago, zach said:

Maybe not.

You REALLY need to remember the Apple password. It could be trying to backup to iCloud and require the password. Without seeing it's hard to say for definite.

My iPhone randomly wants the passcode, I don't own an iPad any more so can't say if it's the same on those too.

I already put a six figure in before starting which I chose when I got my iPad so do I need a password as well ?

I have both. A 6 digit code and my user (email)/password.

I can't see the iPad being much different to the phone with regards to login etc. Do you use the App store at all?

3 hours ago, zach said:

I have both. A 6 digit code and my user (email)/password.

I can't see the iPad being much different to the phone with regards to login etc. Do you use the App store at all?

I don’t know what the App Store is.

It's normal.  The 6 digit code is to unlock your ipad so you can use it.  The ipad then has lots of background stuff that talks to Apple for you like linking my ipad and my iphone.  I'm guessing you may not have set up an apple id yet, as I recall it's optional but it's a good id.  Do it once, save the password and it won't bother you often.  

1 hour ago, RabM said:

It's normal.  The 6 digit code is to unlock your ipad so you can use it.  The ipad then has lots of background stuff that talks to Apple for you like linking my ipad and my iphone.  I'm guessing you may not have set up an apple id yet, as I recall it's optional but it's a good id.  Do it once, save the password and it won't bother you often.  

Thanks for this information. It’s helped me and explained things better.

Edited by pattricia