Walk Around Damflask During Lockdown?

51 minutes ago, Jomie said:

Also, that walk is going to take longer than the stipulated one hour.  The lockdown in this country is far less draconian than in some others and if we don’t want further restrictions we must abide by the law. 

The one hour is not a “stipulation”, nor is it enshrined in any law. It was what a minister said that they thought would be sufficient for most people. You are allowed to exercise for as long as you see fit.

2 hours ago, kidley said:

one hour a day local exercise means,no more than half hour walk-jog etc there, and half hour walk-jog back home os any derivative there of, and no driving to beauty spots to exercise. els the Derbyshire Police will catch you with there drones.

Have they introduced a one hour time limit to our once-a-day exercise? I wasn't aware there was a one hour limit, some of my runs have been above 1.5 hours.

Do you have a link to the official guidance on this one hour limit?

46 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Have they introduced a one hour time limit to our once-a-day exercise? I wasn't aware there was a one hour limit, some of my runs have been above 1.5 hours.

Do you have a link to the official guidance on this one hour limit?

There is no such limit or guidance. You can exercise for as long as you need.

The college of policing issued this, which gives their thoughts on what might be considered reasonable: https://www.college.police.uk/What-we-do/COVID-19/Documents/What-constitutes-a-reasonable-excuse.pdf

Edited by Planner1

Thank you Planner1, I thought that as the case.

This is what guided me 

C&P

But how long exactly can you go out for exercise?

Michael Gove appeared on the Andrew Marr show last month where he discussed guidance for fitness.

He said: “Obviously it depends on each individual’s fitness.

“But I would have thought that for most a walk of up to an hour, or a run of 30 minutes, or a cycle."

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1262518/Exercise-how-long-can-you-go-out-for-exercise-coronavirus-UK

24 minutes ago, kidley said:

This is what guided me 

C&P

But how long exactly can you go out for exercise?

Michael Gove appeared on the Andrew Marr show last month where he discussed guidance for fitness.

He said: “Obviously it depends on each individual’s fitness.

“But I would have thought that for most a walk of up to an hour, or a run of 30 minutes, or a cycle."

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style/life/1262518/Exercise-how-long-can-you-go-out-for-exercise-coronavirus-UK

Yes, for some reason, some people seem to mistake Mr Gove’s thoughts for law / guidance. They are just his thoughts. 

3 hours ago, Jomie said:

Stay home and stay safe - walk around Dam Flask another time.

Sadly, for many people that won’t be possible. 

& that's my way of thinking.

I'm Stopping at home, shopping once a month if I have to and furthest I'm walking is from the back door to the Garage.

Keep Safe.

5 hours ago, Becky B said:

People have still been running round there.  I haven't, as the path is quite narrow in places and I wouldn't be able to distance appropriately in many places.  You know that's exactly where you're going to meet someone!

I know it's not quite the same but you can walk round most of the dam on the pavement.

6 hours ago, kidley said:

one hour a day local exercise means,no more than half hour walk-jog etc there, and half hour walk-jog back home os any derivative there of, and no driving to beauty spots to exercise. els the Derbyshire Police will catch you with there drones.

Who says it can only be an hour? 

6 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

Who says it can only be an hour? 

Post #17 confirms what was said about it, however it was Gove making a suggestion, not an actual 'law'

Edited by Groose

It always amazes me how Dam Flask is such a magnet these days. It used to be lovely until about 10 yrs ago, so quiet but lately pre corona it's like Piccadilly Circus. There are endless miles of paths and quiet country lanes to go at in the area, and around Sheffield, yet people don't seem to have the imagination to go beyond the very obvious. 

I don't walk it these days, as it's so crowded it's horrible, but each to their own I suppose

It's because they can park right next to the dam get out walk around then get straight back in their car.