Walk Around Damflask During Lockdown?

I have been running to the Norfolk Arms and back from my house and takes me an hour there and back yet on 2 occasions have had cars "hooting"  at me can only assume they feel I should not be out there.Totally unreasonable the path is wide and I am more than 2 meters away from other people.Some people seem to be getting carried away and think its their job to enforce the rules well if thats what they want to do fine but at least get the  facts right first.

1 hour ago, Fudbeer said:

I have been running to the Norfolk Arms and back from my house and takes me an hour there and back yet on 2 occasions have had cars "hooting"  at me can only assume they feel I should not be out there.Totally unreasonable the path is wide and I am more than 2 meters away from other people.Some people seem to be getting carried away and think its their job to enforce the rules well if thats what they want to do fine but at least get the  facts right first.

I thought that was the natural reflex of drivers at that end of town when they see people moving without being in a car..........................

3 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

Had that done to me on and off for years. It used to infuriate me, now I don't give it a second thought.

No idea why they do it, can only think they're brain dead morons who get some sort of perverse pleasure out of intimidating people who are looking after themselves. Strange people.

Edited by Colin Foster

5 hours ago, Colin Foster said:

Had that done to me on and off for years. It used to infuriate me, now I don't give it a second thought.

No idea why they do it, can only think they're brain dead morons who get some sort of perverse pleasure out of intimidating people who are looking after themselves. Strange people.

Thats really strange, could understand it if I was running on the M1 but was not even on the road!

11 hours ago, Fudbeer said:

If there isn't many people, you are being far more sensible than those driving to a park and running round with lots more runners and only going there because it looks nice.

Can someone tell me what justification there is for shutting the car parks at all these reservoirs etc ?
All that will happen is people will park on the roads, which is worse in every possible way.
You could answer "to try and stop people going to these places", but all that will do is concentrate more people in parks and so forth, thus squashing them together, which I thought was the opposite of what they wanted. In fact some people can't get to reservoirs or wherever and so have to use the parks, so is it fair on them to crowd out the  only place they go for their exercise ?

Lastly, if the government want to encourage people to stick with this lockdown they should try to avoid annoying them too much with it, particularly things which are of dubious benefit for it.

Guest busdriver1
1 hour ago, Justin Smith said:

Can someone tell me what justification there is for shutting the car parks at all these reservoirs etc ?
All that will happen is people will park on the roads, which is worse in every possible way.
You could answer "to try and stop people going to these places", but all that will do is concentrate more people in parks and so forth, thus squashing them together, which I thought was the opposite of what they wanted. In fact some people can't get to reservoirs or wherever and so have to use the parks, so is it fair on them to crowd out the  only place they go for their exercise ?

Lastly, if the government want to encourage people to stick with this lockdown they should try to avoid annoying them too much with it, particularly things which are of dubious benefit for it.

I know, I mean its just not possible to go for a walk in the town or round your local area is it? There has to be trees and grass to constitute a walk, we all know that.

On 25/04/2020 at 08:47, Fudbeer said:

Thats really strange, could understand it if I was running on the M1 but was not even on the road!

This morning, 11:30 ish, I was driving down the Parkway, towards town. As I stopped at the junction at the top of Derek Dooley Way, on the road like a car would, a jogger came from my right to left through the junction and headed down towards Park Square roundabout.

There are pedestrian paths and crossings that those who work at the Capita building use to walk into town, so I don't know what this moron was playing at.

Edited by Ruddy76

Cycled past Damflask this morning. Think half the cars in Sheffield were parked up alongside.

13 hours ago, Justin Smith said:

you mean you cant really figure it out, they dont want you there. see post 56

respect to fudbeer, he's running in an area where he can safely distance but I see joggers running on pavements and thankfully most will skirt around people taking a walk but only yesterday my daughter was walking through a local nature trail and encountered an elderly lady coming in the opposite direction, she stood aside with her daughters to allow the lady safe distancing when the lady briefly stopped to thank her and a jogger ran between them. admittedly the majority respect safe distancing but I have come across a few who seem to think they are immune to the virus and they get a mouthful from me. 

15 hours ago, TonyB14 said:

respect to fudbeer, he's running in an area where he can safely distance but I see joggers running on pavements and thankfully most will skirt around people taking a walk but only yesterday my daughter was walking through a local nature trail and encountered an elderly lady coming in the opposite direction, she stood aside with her daughters to allow the lady safe distancing when the lady briefly stopped to thank her and a jogger ran between them. admittedly the majority respect safe distancing but I have come across a few who seem to think they are immune to the virus and they get a mouthful from me. 

yes runners/joggers are an issue - have been almost runnier from behind several times (they just shout "coming through" on a narrow path and expect you to find shelter 2m away quickly). Also dog walkers - no I don't want your dog to come and jump on me and pass on any virus in its fur! There's a reason government guidance is they are to be on leads at the moment if others are around. 

Edited by nightrider