What Are You Doing About Haircuts?

On 21/04/2020 at 10:15, Janus said:

When the barbers  and salons eventually  open up again, I anticipate queues and difficulty getting appointments for a short while after.

I always book ahead, no pun intended. I have mine booked in right through to September so I'm sorted. 

9 hours ago, Chez2 said:

I always book ahead, no pun intended. I have mine booked in right through to September so I'm sorted. 

I think you will find after this shut down yours and everbody elses appointments will be up in the air ( pardon the pun)  or non existant. :huh:

Edited by PRESLEY

Continue using my clippers as I always have....don't remember the last time I paid for a haircut :D 

1 hour ago, probedb said:

Continue using my clippers as I always have....don't remember the last time I paid for a haircut :D 

Same here, but I don't have a back up set of clippers if the ones I have pack up, and heard they're sold out pretty much everywhere.

On 23/04/2020 at 11:31, PRESLEY said:

I think you will find after this shut down yours and everbody elses appointments will be up in the air ( pardon the pun)  or non existant. :huh:

No, why would they be?  Hairdresser and beautician confirmed all appointments stand once lockdown is over. The ones that missed out just as lockdown started will be first in the queue but i have mine booked every four weeks anyway. 

Got away with a home done short back and sides by mrs a few weeks ago but top is getting too long now so gonna be all over number 2 next week I think.

Letting it grow, but cutting my own fringe...so far so good :)

I've turned into that old guy with the overlong swept back white streaked hair that I said would never happen to me,

and If i don't shave soon i'm gona look like Grizzly Adam's.

Never had one. but how bad did the old Pudding Basin cut used to look? 

I cut my wife’s fringe at the weekend so had to make sure it was level. I’m leaving my hair for the experts which now comes down to the end if my nose. 

30 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Never had one. but how bad did the old Pudding Basin cut used to look? 

I think it would suit you. Get it done and post the pictures. We won't laugh...honest 😉

Mine was self done number 3 (I think) trimmed again the other day. Anything longer than about 10mm drives me mad. 3 to 5mm OK.

13 hours ago, zach said:

I think it would suit you. Get it done and post the pictures. We won't laugh...honest 😉

Mine was self done number 3 (I think) trimmed again the other day. Anything longer than about 10mm drives me mad. 3 to 5mm OK.

Thank you Zach, but that reverse psychology won't work on this old Rocker.

I'll keep the hair long for now and keep the basin in't cupboard where it belongs. 

29 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

Thank you Zach, but that reverse psychology won't work on this old Rocker.

I'll keep the hair long for now and keep the basin in't cupboard where it belongs. 

Don't blame you mate. That haircut had a time and place, neither are now!

The last time I had my hair cut in a shop, there was a young (ish) lad that had a basin of sorts. It was like a number one on the back and sides, and a 2 or 3 on top. I'll stick with the short all over, not sure it would suit an older bloke...like me.

I was just thinking back to my younger days. Big bike, big hair and loads of heavy rock. Now it's crew cut, a Citroen Space Tourer but still the music!

Edited by zach