Going to Turkey in July...?

My bloke has booked for us to go to Turkey for a week at the beginning of July and I was just wondering if anyone knows what it is like and stuff there cause ive never been before and people keep telling me its gonna b awful! also, anyone have any idea if it is usually too hot there this time of year for ickle ones... thanks xxx

Wonderful place - well, it was where we went which was Olu Deniz. Super friendly people and reasonable prices. It will be hot though when you go. We went at the end of September - before we had kids - and it was hot then. As for being too hot for ickle ones, it depends how ickle I suppose - but keep em covered and they should be OK.

Just one thind, please please please don't come back wearing all the fake designer clothes that are on sale in the markets there, You'll just look crap :)

well shes 1 so not really really little.. guess its going to be too hot for her wherever we go though.

....if i do come back wearing any of that crap.. someone please shoot me!

we went to marmaris last year..and loved it.Wish we were going this year too,but our group are going to cyprus instead..

Never been to Turkey but someone I know went in July last year.

Said it was beyond hot (if you can get such a thing) and the heat felt like it was pressing you down and crushing you :gag:

We went to Alanya in October and it was still scorching hot. It was beautiful and one of the best holidays we've ever had.

We went to Alanya in October and it was still scorching hot. It was beautiful and one of the best holidays we've ever had.

i think that is where we are going.. o dear.. perhaps we'd better not go then if it is that hot :/

My daughter was 4 when we went. If we were on the beach we always sat her under a really big parasol......but I am being honest with you that it was a scorcher even in October. My mum and dad have been at that time of year every year and it's always been the same.

I love Turkey and the Turks are so friendly ! the foods the best ever if you find a nice restaurant or cafe !

Its is awful hot though and I would be sure to pack Imodeum just to be on the safe side .

yes we went on 2nd june last year and at the end of the two weeks it was just gettin too hot..my baby at the time was 5 months old. The food there was great too!!!

yes we went on 2nd june last year and at the end of the two weeks it was just gettin too hot..my baby at the time was 5 months old. The food there was great too!!!
that is when we are goin. only for a week though. how did your baby handle it? although i suppose its slightly easier to keep a 5 month old outta the sun

he was absolutely fine... we kept him directly out of it but we were outside all the time and he never murmured once..we are going toCyprus soon though and as long as i keep his head covered and well creamed he will be fine!!