B&Q Virtual Queue

I am wondering why since the closing of  B&Q  makes you wait in a virtual queue? I understand since the stores are shut the website for delivery and click and collect will have a lot more people on but supermarkets don't have virtual queues or Amazon or Ebay ?

Amazon and Ebay will be used to, and  therefore prepared for a large number of customers accessing their sites at once.

B&Q and Wickes wont be set up  for the extra demand.

Its only like Next and Boots when their sales are on.

Edited by nikki-red

There's been loads of complaints about B&Q orders and customer service during the lockdown, they're finding it extremely difficult to manage.

Unless it's vital, just put it off or order from somewhere else.

It's the same with Occado and Morrisons.  Apparently, B &Q are opening up some more of their stores.  Don't know if that will help.

You can't even have a look to compare different things without waiting in the queue, yesterday I looked at Morrisons and was put in a queue of several thousands with a wait time of about 20 minutes.

It's highlighting that those companies have a database backend that's unable to cope with demand, so instead of getting more/quicker database servers, they just restrict the number of people using the webservers instead which is a nasty dirty 'fix'.

Went on Morrisons at 15.45 on Thursday, queue was just twelve people - I almost fainted!

no delivery slots available but at least found out quickly 😀

I am hoping to go today, for a large piece of plywood, just hoping they will cut it in store.

No  wood cutting service

No paint mixing service

1 hour ago, butlers said:

No  wood cutting service

No paint mixing service

It was like going to the supermaket, low on stock. I dont think people are hoarding paint and wood.

I needed some replacement tools and manged to get them within an hour of ordering from Toolstation.

Online ordering only and pickup only when they have sent you a message to say it is ready to pick up. 

Stay safe and no speeding.

Was put into a queue last week of '30 mins' at B&Q - it was an hour and a half by the time I got on the website and they hadn't even got what I wanted! This was 3am too!!