Sheffield Derby 2017 Premiere On Youtube Today

Biggest away win in Steel City Derby history.

Never seen that game, but I have now.. passed the afternoon on, almost like days gone by..

At the beginning I just couldn't figure out who the Blades goalie was, Blackman, my memory.

Thought young Brooksie had a terrific game.

5 hours ago, Grappler said:

Biggest away win in Steel City Derby history.

Two goal margin, hardly earth shattering. Mind you the amount of Tweets I've seen relating to this today you obviously see beating South Yorkshires most successful club as your biggest game in living memory, I'll take that 😀

26 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Two goal margin, hardly earth shattering. Mind you the amount of Tweets I've seen relating to this today you obviously see beating South Yorkshires most successful club as your biggest game in living memory, I'll take that 😀

Or maybe there’s been a lot of tweets about that particular match simply because it’s  the one currently showing? 🙄

Edited by nikki-red

11 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

The score line doesn’t really do the Blades dominance that day justice .Wednesday were only in the game for about 5 min so your right not to be too disappointed with the result. 

13 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Read it again, I simply stated a fact, I never said anything about earth shattering or the biggest game  in living memory.

I stated the fact that, to go along with the biggest home win in a Steel City Derby, this was the biggest away win.  That's all.  There is only one top dog in the history of the Steel City Derby, we all know that.

I also think that the Wednesday tradition of leaving early, streaming out to leave an embarrassing number of empty seats on view for the camera's, started that day. 

The pre-match and post match comments from the Owls fans that day make hilarious reading.

1 hour ago, atticus said:

The score line doesn’t really do the Blades dominance that day justice .Wednesday were only in the game for about 5 min so your right not to be too disappointed with the result. 

Agreed.  Watching the game again from the comfort of the living room, with all the multiple camera angles, showed the huge gulf in class between the two sides.  Just "passion" and "momentum" according to some.  It's taken us a long way hasn't it, all that passion and momentum.

It was also fun to see two of my Wednesday pals appear so prominently on TV!

42 minutes ago, Grappler said:

Read it again, I simply stated a fact, I never said anything about earth shattering or the biggest game  in living memory.

I stated the fact that, to go along with the biggest home win in a Steel City Derby, this was the biggest away win.  That's all.  There is only one top dog in the history of the Steel City Derby, we all know that.

I also think that the Wednesday tradition of leaving early, streaming out to leave an embarrassing number of empty seats on view for the camera's, started that day. 

The pre-match and post match comments from the Owls fans that day make hilarious reading.

Agreed.  Watching the game again from the comfort of the living room, with all the multiple camera angles, showed the huge gulf in class between the two sides.  Just "passion" and "momentum" according to some.  It's taken us a long way hasn't it, all that passion and momentum.

I've not looked myself but I'm sure if you looked for comments from blades on the derby game after that there will of been equally funny comments there on how they'll smash us. That's football, I never predict the derby games as it's too unpredictable.

It was nice to get a decent scoring derby game for a change though rather than a dull 1 goal game so quite enjoyable still. I was on way to hospital for a scan for young un so luckily only had to watch the low lights 🙂

I was fortunate to be at that game in 2017 and thought we (Blades) were superb.

Watching it back yesterday made me realise just how much better we are now (even though we are competing against world class players in the Premier league). We've improved all over the pitch. 

In addition from what I've seen and heard Wednesday are far worse now than they were in September 2017.

If the gap was huge 3 years ago then goodness know what word could be used to describe the gap now.

Massive??

9 hours ago, Grappler said:

Top dog in derbies you've won about two more since records began, I've been following the Owls since 1980 and we've won more in that period, your boasts are very hollow.

Edited by Brooker11

On 18/04/2020 at 23:08, Brooker11 said:

Only time the away team has scored 4 in a Sheffield derby. And be honest it was a cake walk

On 18/04/2020 at 23:08, Brooker11 said:

Well there was the 7-3 game .....

And we've bigger fish to fry these days

Edited by Ridgewalk

19 hours ago, Brooker11 said:

Top dog in derbies you've won about two more since records began, I've been following the Owls since 1980 and we've won more in that period, your boasts are very hollow.

Relax, September 2017 will soon be history. One day....

21 hours ago, abbeyedges said:

I was fortunate to be at that game in 2017 and thought we (Blades) were superb.

Watching it back yesterday made me realise just how much better we are now (even though we are competing against world class players in the Premier league). We've improved all over the pitch. 

In addition from what I've seen and heard Wednesday are far worse now than they were in September 2017.

If the gap was huge 3 years ago then goodness know what word could be used to describe the gap now.

Massive??

Now now