Norman Hunter R.I.P

Saw a clip of him on the BBC'S lunchtime news with him scrapping with Francis Lee.  

Don't know about 'Bites yer legs', he was backing off from little Franny Lee.  Hilarious.  If it happened today, there would be questions asked in Parliament & the pair of them would have to go on all the social media out lets to apologise. 

Terrible end to a life.  RIP. 

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Saw a clip of him on the BBC'S lunchtime news with him scrapping with Francis Lee.  

Don't know about 'Bites yer legs', he was backing off from little Franny Lee.  Hilarious.  If it happened today, there would be questions asked in Parliament & the pair of them would have to go on all the social media out lets to apologise. 

Terrible end to a life.  RIP. 

Yeah, I saw a clip of Gordon McQueen playing for Leeds unleashing a right punch on the Chelsea goalkeeper...not even booked.

another great player gone ,sadly missed by all

Sorry for the guy, and anyone else who gets the virus. RIP Norman.

Must admit, I always cheered for Francis Lee when he was retaliating with his 'windmill punches'!

Not really old enough to have seen him play in the flesh but from what i have seen on old matches and clips he was a very dirty player and would not have got a shirt in todays game because of his liability ? 

12 hours ago, iamwoody said:

Not really old enough to have seen him play in the flesh but from what i have seen on old matches and clips he was a very dirty player and would not have got a shirt in todays game because of his liability ? 

Hard but unfair, lol.

On 17/04/2020 at 18:00, taxman said:

Yeah, I saw a clip of Gordon McQueen playing for Leeds unleashing a right punch on the Chelsea goalkeeper...not even booked.

Check out the YouTube clip of Leeds goalie, Gary Sprake flooring Arsenal's Bobby Gould with a right hook, in the sixties.  I don't think he was even booked!

Numbers 1 to 11, the Leeds team of that era had a certain edge to them!

Apologies.  Just checked the clip - Sprake WAS booked...and so was Gould!  Clear sending off, though.

Edited by steved32

Norman will be smiling tonight as Leeds become the first team in Premier League history to receive 100 cards in a season. How many would the old Leeds have got by today’s standards?

R.I.P Norman.

Nowadays it's Pussyfoot ball.

16 hours ago, Jim Hardie said:

Norman will be smiling tonight as Leeds become the first team in Premier League history to receive 100 cards in a season. How many would the old Leeds have got by today’s standards?

It’s a wonder anyone has under 100 booked in todays game,they had a bloke sent off last night for winning the ball then standing on his opponent’s foot on the follow through.