Foods And Drinks That You Still Miss

OXO cubes (Sorry nothing personal)

Do you remember when OXO' cubes were cubes?

What a fantastic marketing ploy.

Make them X shaped.

(reducing the size/ weight at the same time)

Ok there must have been an outlay for re tooling but even then the saving over a year (profit) must have made it worthwhile :rolleyes:

See the source image

See the source image

Keep safe out there 8)

Mock Crab.

What was that about ?

I'd never heard of it till meeting HTWBTF, Mr's Rocker.

Peely-wally (lovely Scottish word) looking slop, as some sort of  sandwich spread, that tasted like ?

Definitely one I don't miss 8).

Sausage, bacon & egg pie.

We still make these occasionally, but like many things the quality of things just ain't the same.

Finding a good sausage meat (or sausage) is near on impossible (don't anyone dare mention 'Richmond's :gag: ).

We first came across SBE pies on holiday in Skeggi many, many years ago at a little butchers in Winthorpe and were more Giant sausage roll in shape than pie shape.

Cube the bacon mix with sausage meat. Some simply drop an egg or eggs on top of the mix, we beat the egg and mix it in.

Depending on taste what pastry you prefer, my preference being Hot water pastry.

Gone modern today, sweet and sour chicken casserole.

Keep safe and eat well 8) .

My mum used to make a lovely sausage bacon & egg pie, pretty similar to that described by Rockers rule - except she used shortcrust pastry and also used to add some roughly chopped fresh tomatoes to it too. I agree that it's hard to find decent sausage meat these days, unless you go to an expensive  posh butcher or farm shop. Morrison's own-brand premium pork sausage meat is passable - but not brilliant. Another alternative, if you can be arsed to mess about, is to buy your favourite sausages, then squeeze the meat out of the skins