Increased Hostility To Cyclists During The Lockdown

I think it is relevant because he is a cyclist along with the others that were with him. Or are we only talking about the goody goody  ones on bikes?

22 hours ago, makapaka said:
On 21/04/2020 at 13:02, Yosser said:

Been cycling on a local official bike trail through woods in my local area this week.

They’ll be them ambush dogs. Hiding in trees waiting for people to bundle pass on bikes getting in peoples way instead of just cycling on roads if they want to.

I hope your observations skills when you're driving are better than the ones you use when posting to the internet.

3 hours ago, Kidorry said:

I think it is relevant because he is a cyclist along with the others that were with him. Or are we only talking about the goody goody  ones on bikes?

Do you refer to bad people with cars as motorists?

58 minutes ago, altus said:

I hope your observations skills when you're driving are better than the ones you use when posting to the internet.

Do you refer to bad people with cars as motorists?

For one thing who said that I drive a car, and I would class anyone who drives a car as a motorist.

15 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

For one thing who said that I drive a car, and I would class anyone who drives a car as a motorist.

If you look closely at my post you'll see the first bit is a reply to makapaka - the forum merged two of my posts together.

My reply to you was about why you think the idiot described in the article being a cyclist is relevant. If this thread was titled "Increased Hostility To Motorists During The Lockdown" would you have posted a link to someone with a car doing something stupid with the comment "What can you expect when you have ferels like these in cars." and then, after someone challenged your comment, say them being a motorist was relevant?

I  know that the residents of a certain Peak District village are not as one as the click bate story says.

Many of them recognise that the cyclists and walkers will do much to boost the economy of the hope Valley once the lockdown is eased. They arent happy about the negative publicity 

12 miles is not a long bike ride. My commute to carbolite furnaces in the Hope Valley was 12 miles by bike.

It's been noted that  there a few noisy  locals who have always been anti cyclist have used the virus as a chance to moan

Lets  concentrate on the positive side, It's great to see parents out with their children feeling safe to cycle on roads that would normally be deemed too dangerous. 

SCC is to be applauded for looking at ways to cone off lanes on wider roads so that pedestrians and cyclists can travel actively at a safe distance from each other and away from the cars. Its something other major cites have already done, Manchester for example. ,

Its good to see how the bike has now become a great device for getting our key workers, including NHS staff, to work. They can avoid the lottery of public transport.

Our bike shops are offering a free bike check and repairs to Key workers.

The ebike loan is also helping  NHS staff. Another excellent initiative. 

https://www.sheffieldtelegraph.co.uk/news/people/sheffield-key-workers-get-e-bike-transport-boost-2533603

The one fly in the ointment is the small number of drivers who have taken the quiet roads to mean they can speed. In the Rivellin Valley, we have a speeding  motorbike nuisance now not helped by the decision to turn off the speed cameras near Hagg hill

https://www.thestar.co.uk/health/coronavirus/police-condemn-south-yorkshire-drivers-travelling-excessive-speeds-during-lockdown-2519827

Edited by WalkleyIan
typo

Guest makapaka
2 hours ago, altus said:

If you look closely at my post you'll see the first bit is a reply to makapaka - the forum merged two of my posts together.

You also misinterpreted it - if a cyclist doesn’t want to be bothered by people and dogs on a trail there are roads everywhere they could cycle on and then wouldn’t have to worry about dogs.

9 hours ago, makapaka said:

You also misinterpreted it - if a cyclist doesn’t want to be bothered by people and dogs on a trail there are roads everywhere they could cycle on and then wouldn’t have to worry about dogs.

What if it had been a child the dog has bit? Remember, we're talking about an incident that happened on an off road cycle trail - exactly the sort of place parents are encouraged to take young children cycling. If a dog hasn't been trained to behave around cyclists then letting it run around off lead in a place where young cyclists are especially likely to be seems pretty stupid to me.

Guest makapaka
54 minutes ago, altus said:

What if it had been a child the dog has bit? Remember, we're talking about an incident that happened on an off road cycle trail - exactly the sort of place parents are encouraged to take young children cycling. If a dog hasn't been trained to behave around cyclists then letting it run around off lead in a place where young cyclists are especially likely to be seems pretty stupid to me.

If it was a dedicated trail solely  for cyclists that would change my view.

I doubt it was though.

39 minutes ago, makapaka said:

If it was a dedicated trail solely  for cyclists that would change my view.

I doubt it was though.

I hope you don't have any dogs then - you'd obviously be an irresponsible owner.

Guest makapaka
38 minutes ago, altus said:

I hope you don't have any dogs then - you'd obviously be an irresponsible owner.

I do have a dog - he’s sound - doesn’t bite cyclists.

Had a row with three  'heads mid-morning today.

All three tanking it on the footpath - these were definitely not teenagers, but in their 20/30s?

Full garb, helmets, and "nice" looking bikes...but old enough to know better.

After the first flew past me, I queried the second bloke as to why they weren't on the road.

He replied with a  foul-mouthed tirade over his shoulder.

Sorry, but riders like these give you all a bad name.