Jump to content RIP Sheffield Admin Mort

Diy Store, Kilner Way

Recommended Posts

Does anyone remember the DIY store I think was called Jupiter, it was on the right as you entered, Comet being further up on the same side. I think it was still there into the 80s but I can't remember what happened to the building.

Glynn Webb came along later and was on the other side where Home Bargains is now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there was only Halfords and Comet on right hand side as you entered

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm certain there was a DIY store there in the early/mid 70s, Halfords might have taken over later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was Bridges electricals I bought a video recorder from here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a D.I.Y shop on Kilner way but I think it was somewhere around where the Bingo is now.I think it was called Glynn Webbs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glynn Webbs came much later and was up top on LH side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2020 at 11:29, tontopollas said:

I think it was Target

You could be right, don't know where I got Jupiter from!

 

tontopolass- I think Bridges was next door to Solo/Gateway supermarket?

Edited by carosio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/04/2020 at 11:29, tontopollas said:

I think it was Target

Target was in the same building as Glynn Webb

but before Glynn Webb

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MICK BADGER said:

Target was in the same building as Glynn Webb

but before Glynn Webb

Your memory is obviously better than mine! So, there would just be Halfords between Comet and the road.

 

In the pic is Solo supermarket and Bridges Electrical, Target (Glynn Webb) on the right just out of shot, and to the left would be Halfords/Comet.

s38206.jpg

 

I didnt know about this steam hammer:    https://picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;y12792&pos=324&action=zoom&id=126791

Edited by carosio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, carosio said:

Your memory is obviously better than mine! So, there would just be Halfords between Comet and the road.

 

In the pic is Solo supermarket and Bridges Electrical, Target (Glynn Webb) on the right just out of shot, and to the left would be Halfords/Comet.

s38206.jpg

 

I didnt know about this steam hammer:    https://picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;y12792&pos=324&action=zoom&id=126791

there was also a little petrol station just before

you got up to Glynn Webb on the left

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MICK BADGER said:

there was also a little petrol station just before

you got up to Glynn Webb on the left

Never knew that. I believe there was also one on the end of Claywheels Lane, just behind Carphone Warehouse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.