Diy Store, Kilner Way

I am not 100% sure we are talking of the same place, willing to be corrected.  In 1976 I joined MFI Furniture and went to help open their store, the first store on this site.  I later went back to  be manager and dealt with complaints from old teachers  from my school.  Weird.   ( Abbydale Grammar Cas & Vince)

2 hours ago, inessex said:

I am not 100% sure we are talking of the same place, willing to be corrected.  In 1976 I joined MFI Furniture and went to help open their store, the first store on this site.  I later went back to  be manager and dealt with complaints from old teachers  from my school.  Weird.   ( Abbydale Grammar Cas & Vince)

Kilner Way just above the railway bridge. The idea of the post was to jog memories about the stores that had been on the site. Where exactly was the store?

Yes I believe I am in the correct place.  This was 1976.  Later MFI joined with a company called Status, possible early 80s, who owned a  kitchen manufacturing company.  They took on the Staus building on London Road area and closed Kilner way.  

1 hour ago, inessex said:
1 hour ago, MICK BADGER said:

MFI was at the bottom of London road / moor / Bramall lane

Yes, previous to them (in that building, St. Mary's Gate) was Kerry's Bicycles