Captain Tom

4 hours ago, hauxwell said:

A happy 100th birthday to Captain Tom, or is it Colonel Tom?

Have a lovely day, you deserve it.

He said he’ll always be Capt. Tom, but if people call him Colonel, that’s fine too.

2 hours ago, CabinetMaker said:

Amazing tribute to an amazing man, a true ambassador of British values

My son lives and works in America. He says it’s been on the tv and in the papers over there. He sent a donation himself.

A nice bit of good news to wake up to.

Captain Tom is awarded a knighthood.  A man who has served his country in the Second World War and raised millions for the NHS.  I’m pleased for him.

I wish everybody could be like this Fella, even ME.    A REAL OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN.  ❤️ :thumbsup:

Edited by PRESLEY

On 20/05/2020 at 08:08, hauxwell said:

A nice bit of good news to wake up to.

Captain Tom is awarded a knighthood.  A man who has served his country in the Second World War and raised millions for the NHS.  I’m pleased for him.

So am I, but all he as done is walk around his garden 100 times.. very good for a man of his age..

But what about our Man with the Pram, been walking around Sheffield for years, raising thousands of pounds for charity.

Surely he deserves a Knighthood.

If the conservatives hadnt slashed funds to the bone in the first place,he could have enjoyed his 100th with a few strippers with all that dosh and gone out with a proper bang!

A knighthoods stretching it,hes gone for a walk around a miniscule garden,hardly hyde park.

Christ get real!

I have mixed feelings about this. The man is an absolute star, and if more of the population had his attitude towards exercise we would have far fewer health problems, but the NHS should be funded through taxation, not through the efforts of a centenarian walking round his garden! It just allows smug politicians to sit around talking about "embodying the British spirit" whilst quietly taking the NHS apart piece by piece...

I believe John Burkhill (the Man with the Pram) has an MBE?  Perhaps someone who knows could fill us in!

20 minutes ago, Becky B said:

I have mixed feelings about this. The man is an absolute star, and if more of the population had his attitude towards exercise we would have far fewer health problems, but the NHS should be funded through taxation, not through the efforts of a centenarian walking round his garden! It just allows smug politicians to sit around talking about "embodying the British spirit" whilst quietly taking the NHS apart piece by piece...

I believe John Burkhill (the Man with the Pram) has an MBE?  Perhaps someone who knows could fill us in!

Not one penny of the money raised goes towards funding the NHS.