Captain Tom

Congratulations to Captain Tom for raising over 8 Million for the NHS....

I hope the NHS will not waste it, ideally it should go towards supporting family members of those NHS staff who lost their lives helping to save peoples lives and also go towards doing research in this terrible virus.

I also hope that JUST GIVING will waive their fee, as it surmounts to quite a lot.....

Or will they be greedy and keep it?

WELL DONE TOM.......

Yes.  We'll done to him.  He deserves all the plaudits that have come his way. 

This morning he had 'only' made £4 million & it was pointed out that this would fund 120 nurses for a year or buy 10,000 hospital beds. 

There definitely needs to be pressure put on Just Giving to waive their fees.

He's done brilliantly.  I hope that he doesn't feel pressured to over-exert himself and do himself some damage!  He seems a sensible guy though.  He must be absolutely stunned with how this is panning out.  What a legend.  And we'll done to everyone that's donated.

This is the kind of person who should be nominated for a well deserved medal not some jumped up pop star etc 

Fantastic. Just topped £11m at 01:18 

Coming in at £8k a minute. 

Don't think just giving will waive there fee of over  Million quid

Well done Tom, you put the idle and lazy People of Britain to shame.

Edited by speleo1
error

2 hours ago, speleo1 said:

Don't think just giving will waive there fee of over  Million quid

Well done Tom, you put the idle and lazy People of Britain to shame.

It's not close to a million. JustGiving take 1.9% + 20p of a donation.

Currently 631573 people have donated £12,337,427.11, so that's £126,314 worth of 20 pences, and the 1.9% is £236,811, so £363,152 in total.

The last l heard Captain Tom has raised over £12 million and Pierce Morgan said today, no single person has raised that amount of money for charity before.  So well done Captain Tom and I think you are going to raise a lot more money.  

I agree with rudds1.  I would like to see him nominated for a medal and presented to him by the Queen because  he seems to have a lot of respect for her.

15 hours ago, rudds1 said:

This is the kind of person who should be nominated for a well deserved medal not some jumped up pop star etc 

Totally agree.      :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

Agreed. Piers Morgan started the campaign to get him Knighted.  As well as the huge achievement of raising so much money Captain Tom speaks so well to the media, says all the right things.  To be that sharp and have so much accuracy is an achievement in it self for anyone approaching one hundred years of age.

Fair play to Piers Morgan for starting the campaign to have Tom Knighted. 

Also good on Morgan, (you don't hear that often), for personally donating £10,000 when the figure donated was in the low thousands

Edited by Baron99

Now over £13m and probably more to come,as I have been trying to donate,but not been able to get through yet.

What a figurehead he has turned out to be.