Spring Leigh House, Rundle Road

The same guy has lived there since I was a kid. He can be seen coming in and out of the house and riding around Nether Edge on his bike. The grounds of that house are massive and include a lake, I believe, but it is all overgrown and has been for the last 25 years.

It is a fantastic house, but I suppose it must have been left to him and he couldn't afford to look after the house. I would love to see the inside.

My understanding is that the house was left to him and if he sells it he will have to pay death duties, which come to more than the house is worth.

My understanding is that the house was left to him and if he sells it he will have to pay death duties, which come to more than the house is worth.

Are you serious-taxes are based on asset values and therefore any IHT would be calcualted on released assets over £350K approx

I lived opposite here for about 10 years. George is a lovely man and if I remember correctly the house was his mothers, he doesn't want to sell it because he fears it will be turned into flats.

I presume this is the house with the domed turret? It looks very run down but beautiful. You can see it once had lovely gardens.

I used to live at Nether Edge and always marvelled at it, mainly because it looks beautiful in its run down state ... a sort of time capsule.

If its the one in my link, wow - i would love to take a walk round there!

I used to walk past one as a kid with my Mum on way to visit grandparents, but I think it was on Chippinghouse road, or one of the parallel roads to that, and Mum assured me it was very haunted, she had been erm trespassing as a kid, as did a lot of locals, and they'd seen stuff :gag:

I fell in love with this house and have posted about it on here before,I found a old ELR auction brochure for the 1960 when they sold all the furniture from the house,The house is occupied by a single gentlemen who isnt that elderly in his early 70s

The garden of the house was designed by the same people who designed the botanical garden, It is my dream house and if he ever does sell it I pray it does not get turned into flats

The house in question is on Rundle Road, looks 18th century.

In what way does it look 18th century? It's absolutely classic Victorian.

The house in question is on Rundle Road, looks 18th century, haunted and there is always a light on in the hallway, the whole grounds of the house is very overgrown with a huge woodland surrounding it, I know a film producer and for her it would be the perfect setting for to make a classic horror film, it could also be a brilliant property investment opportunity.

After speaking to various people we've heard different rumours, but no confirmation as to what actually is its official status, there possibly could be someone living there or if not someone is checking it on a regular basis.

Do does anyone on this forum know anything about this mysterious odd looking haunted house?

Someone does live in there.He lives upstairs.There is often a single light on when I walk past with the dogs.