Spring Leigh House, Rundle Road

Am I the only person who finds it disquieting and wrong that there's this continual prying into and discussion of the home and life of someone who appears to have one desire ... and that's to keep himself to himself?

You're a nosey lot!

Were not doing owt wrong though.. Its a lovely house and it is intriguing, thats why a lot of people talk about it. Yes, its his home but hes not going to see the stuff on here, if he did theres a good chance he'd take it as a compliment :)

Sorry, i didnt mean any harm, im reyt nosey, and love stories like these

Were not doing owt wrong though.. Its a lovely house and it is intriguing, thats why a lot of people talk about it. Yes, its his home but hes not going to see the stuff on here, if he did theres a good chance he'd take it as a compliment :)

Sorry, i didnt mean any harm, im reyt nosey, and love stories like these

My bold: We don't know that though. Nothing to say he's not a member, lots of people are! I'm not saying you meant any harm, and yes, it's always intrigued me too. :)

In the past, there's been comments made on here about my business, luckily they were ok really, but if I came on and saw comments about my home or me personally, I'd be a bit peeved, wouldn't anyone?

Hiya everyone, I know this has been asked about before but I am struggling to find any up to date information. 

Does anyone know what happened to Spring Leigh House on Rundle Road?  I understand it was previously owned by Mr George Slater, but the last known thing I can find about any owning it was in 2012.  

I understand he was a bit of a recluse, but the house is a bit damaged and overgrown and I was wondering if it was owned by anyone? 

I am a bit of a mystery buff so would love to know more! 

A article on Mr Slater and the house was printed in the Sheffield Star’s Saturday Retro supplement a while ago, contact the Star they will still have the article in their archive.

Edited by lazarus

The guy still lives there.