Spring Leigh House, Rundle Road

If anybody can give me any advice on this issue i would love to hear from them having moved to sheffield we are house hunting have seen a number of houses which are a nice but not "the one" we drove down rundle road last night and saw a house that took my breath away

It looks almost derelict apart from a naked lightbuld in a upsatirs window, it is called "spring leigh " on rundle road nether edge s7 i wouldlove to go and put a note through the door saying if you ever want to sell me your house please call me but i am worried that if a old person lives there it would upset them but having seen the house from the outside i thinkit could maybe even squatters beacause of the condition of the house i have nowish to upset anyone but i would love to see this house being able to retain its beauty i am not a developer just a person who loves older property so if any one on the forum could give me any info i would really appreciate it thanks for any help or information given

Do a search for "spring leigh" - you'll find plenty of posts.

Granma.

thanks granma for you help have googled it what a story have found a post for it saying about the ols guy that lives there so i shall let it be a have no wish to worry him or upset him but what a house

a gorgeous house too! It has an awe about it....

I know what you mean we have looked at loads of houses since we started looking but as we drove past I fell in love with it

Seconded and thirded! It is a really gorgeous old house, and I'd love to buy it, myself, if I had the money, and restore it to its original grandeur.

It's the garden I would love to have a go at! It was designed by Robert Marnock who laid out the Botanical Gardens and the older part of the General Cemetery.

thanks to all who have replied but so intrested in history of it can anyone tell me any history about it many thanks

If anybody can give me any advice on this issue i would love to hear from them having moved to sheffield we are house hunting have seen a number of houses which are a nice but not "the one" we drove down rundle road last night and saw a house that took my breath away

It looks almost derelict apart from a naked lightbuld in a upsatirs window, it is called "spring leigh " on rundle road nether edge s7 i wouldlove to go and put a note through the door saying if you ever want to sell me your house please call me but i am worried that if a old person lives there it would upset them but having seen the house from the outside i thinkit could maybe even squatters beacause of the condition of the house i have nowish to upset anyone but i would love to see this house being able to retain its beauty i am not a developer just a person who loves older property so if any one on the forum could give me any info i would really appreciate it thanks for any help or information given

There must be a massive waiting list of people wanting to buy that house. I regularly drive past and see cars parked up with people peering through the hedge. The garden look amazing.

It is still lived in. I occasionally see the owner in the summer.

The house in question is on Rundle Road, looks 18th century, haunted and there is always a light on in the hallway, the whole grounds of the house is very overgrown with a huge woodland surrounding it, I know a film producer and for her it would be the perfect setting for to make a classic horror film, it could also be a brilliant property investment opportunity.

After speaking to various people we've heard different rumours, but no confirmation as to what actually is its official status, there possibly could be someone living there or if not someone is checking it on a regular basis.

Do does anyone on this forum know anything about this mysterious odd looking haunted house?

After speaking to various people we've heard different rumours

So what are the rumours?

It's occupied and half of sheffield want to buy it!