Does Anyone Out There Use An Alcatel 3 2019 Smartphone?

Hi  I am a lady in her eighties who decided to update to a smartphone.  After a bit of research I chose the Alcatel, which I am gradually getting to grips with.

However, the thing that is driving me mad is the fact that the screen goes black in a trice and this is a constant interruption.  I have tried looking in settings to see if there is an answer, with no luck.

Has any user got any suggestions please?

the above should help, like most android usually in the settings under display or something..

there's usually even a search in the settings...

Thank you both for help. swarfendor 437 I followed your very clear instructions and, although the wording is different, I finally found it under the label "sleep".  Thanks a lot.

Historybuff.

You will probably find on Alcatel that it keeps going back to 15 secs sleep every time you switch your phone off and have to keep resetting it to longer,wife's does this and she always gets annoyed.

I have the same phone as you and if you go into setting>display> scroll down to sleep. Click on sleep and a window will come up where you can set the time when it will close.

Sorry posted this before I read all the posts.

Edited by Kidorry
Added text.