Phonecall From China?

is anyone receiving calls on this number from China?

+861118554104 

Its rang my friend a few times and its a Chinese recorded message .

Anyone know exactly what its for?

Not a clue....but I bet it could cost your friend money if he/she's not careful!

With all that's going on , it was making me a bit suspicious 

@Jason302 - does your friend know anyone in China? If not, why did she even pick the receiver up?

2 hours ago, RollingJ said:

@Jason302 - does your friend know anyone in China? If not, why did she even pick the receiver up?

how many people know the dialling code of China? Or most countries for that matter?

Perhaps they have friends abroad, and answered it because it could be important.

Well, it may just be me, but unless I know the number - even if it is a 'local' one - in these days of phishing and the like, I ignore it - if they really need to contact me, they can leave a message and I'll return the call at my convenience.

I don't know the code for China (or any country but the USA and France for that matter), but an unexpected 'international' call would ring a lot of warning bells for me.

26 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Well, it may just be me, but unless I know the number - even if it is a 'local' one - in these days of phishing and the like, I ignore it - if they really need to contact me, they can leave a message and I'll return the call at my convenience.

I don't know the code for China (or any country but the USA and France for that matter), but an unexpected 'international' call would ring a lot of warning bells for me.

I wouldn't have answered it either, but I was just pointing out a possible reason.

27 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Also, with today's tech, I wonder if it's possible to set your phone to ring an 'alarm bell sound', when any number rings and the phone doesn't recognise from friends list. Then before you even look at the phone, you've had a few seconds to plan, and wonder what it could be! :hihi:

12 hours ago, *_ash_* said:

I wouldn't have answered it either, but I was just pointing out a possible reason.

Also, with today's tech, I wonder if it's possible to set your phone to ring an 'alarm bell sound', when any number rings and the phone doesn't recognise from friends list. Then before you even look at the phone, you've had a few seconds to plan, and wonder what it could be! :hihi:

You can't set an 'alarm bell', but most modern phones have a choice of ring-tones which you can allocate to specific numbers - I leave the 'default' for numbers not in my phonebook, and allocate one of the more distinctive ones to any saved numbers.

If you don't know anyone there then it is likely a scam call.

Popular one is to call and say your package is caught in customs etc...