Whats Young Hurst Doing Now

a couple of years ago we had what was said to be a super promising England forward and he was sold to leciester city  or the foreign team to lower the cost,any one know how hes gone on?,is he progressing? if so do we get more cash,just intrested as he seemed such a fantastic swfc youth product.

He has more threads on Sheffield Forum than he has first team goals.

1 hour ago, Jim Hardie said:

Has he got more than Jordan Rhodes though ?

On 10/04/2020 at 22:14, Ridgewalk said:

Who ?

George Hirst.

Do keep up 

so no news on how hes going on ,I thought if he had stayed with us,he would of been on the bench by now at least.

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

so no news on how hes going on ,I thought if he had stayed with us,he would of been on the bench by now at least.

Maybe but money seemed to be the deciding factor. Still remember him and his dad coming into the sports store I worked in to buy some boots, couldn't talk his dad out of retirement though.

Hopefully greed hasn't ruined his career but if he really is as good as he thought he should carve out a decent career

Edited by NERVY-OWL

3 hours ago, bassett one said:

Are you trying to say we're not very good?

no not at all trying to upset anyone,just intrested in how young hurstie is progressing after all those years of training at hillsbrough,its such a shame when these big clubs just take what they want and many just for the sake of it,when many smaller clubs put in the early learning years.i think someone said man city have captured lots of top talent,many just loaned out to other clubs.

On 10/04/2020 at 12:56, Jim Hardie said:

Jim, is George Hurst 'technically' still a Leicester City player ?

Hes in Leicesters Citys U23s and he was scoring for fun untill the covid break,so hes doing well,was originally at Loveren in belgium who played him as a winger so his goal tally was quite low,all part of the plan.

He wanted the same wages as the rest of the england youth world cup winners and DC  wouldnt cough up,offered 5K a week so he left,all his mates at chelsea were on 15K,which leicester offered to match so he went

1 hour ago, staninoodle said:

Hes in Leicesters Citys U23s and he was scoring for fun untill the covid break,so hes doing well,was originally at Loveren in belgium who played him as a winger so his goal tally was quite low,all part of the plan.

He wanted the same wages as the rest of the england youth world cup winners and DC  wouldnt cough up,offered 5K a week so he left,all his mates at chelsea were on 15K,which leicester offered to match so he went

Thank you. I don't begrudge anyone for wanting to better themselves financially but  perhaps in Hurst's case there may be more to it than that.