Bbq Charcoal In Stock?

Anybody no if shops are stocking charcoal for bbq

Some in co op at Woodhouse today, must admit there's not alot about.

14 hours ago, grand said:

Anybody no if shops are stocking charcoal for bbq

I thought we had been asked to forget about Bar - B - Qs to contain the spread of coronavirus .

Edited by lazarus

It is possible to barbecue just alone. Or in two. Or with your household members.

Probably not a great idea if all your neighbors are enjoying a bit of a breather in their gardens,but having a party with visitors or BBQ in public places is a definite no no.

4 minutes ago, Branyy said:

It is possible to barbecue just alone. Or in two. Or with your household members.

Yes sure it is.

Just because us Brits automatically associate it with house parties and slabs of beer doesn't mean it can't be done with just a couple of people or the family.

I have relatives who live abroad and they barbecue all the time when making their usual midweek dinner.  

It is just a method of cooking.

Yes this is not an essential item you are not supposed to be buying it or having barbequeues.

24 minutes ago, lazarus said:

I thought we had been asked to forget about Bar - B - Qs to contain the spread of coronavirus .

I don't see the connection.

Unless there is some misinterpretation and the word barbecue is changing from being a simple cooking device to an event - then it's nothing to do with the spread of coronavirus.

If I say "I am having a pint" that simply could mean I am at my home drinking out of a glass.  Doesn't automatically mean I'm illegally going to the pub.

It's clear that these wonderful quirks of the English language are making more confusion. Officials need to be very careful as to how they word announcements.  I obviously know what the meaning of the message is and what they are trying to avoid but there has to be some caution as to how things are delivered or people are always going to find loopholes.

Edited by ECCOnoob

2 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Yes sure it is.

Just because us Brits automatically associate it with house parties and slabs of beer doesn't mean it can't be done with just a couple of people or the family.

I have relatives who live abroad and they barbecue all the time when making their usual midweek dinner.  

It is just a method of cooking.

Well that's ok if you have a large property.

If you are living in a typical smaller UK property with people nearby hanging their washing out and possibly sick people in bed with a window open having a barbeque is potentially very antisocial.

I used to get woken up by some awful neighbours nearby who insisted on having a barbeque quite late on any summer night that it wasn't raining. I'm a meat eater, but the smell of the burning food used to turn my stomach when I was trying to sleep. Also as they were in the garden having some wine their voices got louder and louder the later it got.

Maybe think twice before lighting fires during a pandemic of a respiratory illness. 

They do emit significant amounts of particulate pollutants. Those, in turn, cause respiratory problems. 

It doesn’t seem very considerate to me.

4 hours ago, RJRB said:

Probably not a great idea if all your neighbors are enjoying a bit of a breather in their gardens,but having a party with visitors or BBQ in public places is a definite no no.

Or have one if you live in a tower block? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-manchester-52216191#aoh=15865300066179&amp_ct=1586530014996&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s

I can't believe all this crap after someone asked a simple question "Anybody no if shops are stocking charcoal for bbq"