Coronavirus

Groose

As we have mentioned several times. We will not tolerate any sort of attacking other users, fake news and bickering.  No further warnings will be given, your account will be suspeded.

Message added by Groose

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, apelike said:

I think you have just answered part of the question with that link. 

Italy I believe has a large older population that is also Catholic approx 80%.  Of them about 30%, depending on region, attend Church and Mass regularly so you now have lots of elderly together in Church praying and drinking from the same chalice in mass. Alas some believe that going to Church to pray for a cure is what they should do. 

Not just Catholics. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/world-asia-51956510

Mass prayer session held by Muslims in Bangladesh, prompt fears that it could spread COVID-19? 

Also a religious event in Malaysia was confirmed as the source of more than 500 local infections there.  This has apparently led to infection in neighbouring countries. 

Edited by Baron99

1 hour ago, saywhatnow said:

Towns been the same all week, and the majority pensioners. It certainly comes across that people are browsing rather than popping to town because they really needed... At least now coffee shops are doing takeout only as are greggs etc. That might change. Would be really helpful for everyone if those who didn't need to work or be in town kept their visits to a minimum. 

They just don't  get it or they are being very selfish. They say they don't  want to be lonely but I'd  rather be lonely than die.

On the news tonight they interviewed some elderly who said if they caught the virus so what at their time of life,?  Don't  they see it matters to other people who they could pass it on to?

I'm  isolating  and I don’t  mind, I've  plenty of jobs to be doing at home and in the garden.

Just now, apelike said:

I think you have just answered part of the question with that link. 

Italy I believe has a large older population that is also Catholic approx 80%.  Of them about 30%, depending on region, attend Church and Mass regularly so you now have lots of elderly together in Church praying and drinking from the same chalice in mass. Alas some believe that going to Church to pray for a cure is what they should do. 

Ah yes, thanks for the answer, I do recall that info now from about a week ago (which seems like a long time now!)

Just now, Baron99 said:

Not just Catholics. 

Mass prayer session held by Muslims in Bangladesh, prompt fears that it could spread COVID-19? 

Also a religious event in Malaysia was confirmed as the source of more than 500 local infections there.  This has apparently led to infection in neighbouring countries. 

Yes, I merged in another post, and crossposted with you.

Yes, I think given the knowledge available to the world now (or yesterday), this looks insane to me.

8 minutes ago, jaffa1 said:

They just don't  get it or they are being very selfish. They say they don't  want to be lonely but I'd  rather be lonely than die.

On the news tonight they interviewed some elderly who said if they caught the virus so what at their time of life,?  Don't  they see it matters to other people who they could pass it on to?

I'm  isolating  and I don’t  mind, I've  plenty of jobs to be doing at home and in the garden.

They are frightened and don't think the same as younger people. Have some compassion.

29 minutes ago, West 77 said:

They are frightened and don't think the same as younger people. Have some compassion.

That doesn't make sense, if they were frightened they'd  stay indoors as not to catch it.

That's why I'm staying at home because I'm old and vulnerable  and think of others with families. 

Two weeks ago, Italy had the same number of Covid-19 cases as the UK. We have imposed none of the draconian infection-control measures they have. I don’t understand what our government is doing.

1 hour ago, Baron99 said:

Not just Catholics. 

A lot of the spread here in France traced to a large Evangelical rally in Mulhouse last week (a town in eastern France close to Swiss and German borders).

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Longcol said:

A lot of the spread here in France traced to a large Evangelical rally in Mulhouse last week (a town in eastern France close to Swiss and German borders).

Have faith. https://cruxnow.com/church-in-europe/2020/03/lourdes-shrine-closes-healing-pools-as-precaution-against-coronavirus/

Edited by horribleblob

36 minutes ago, Mister Gee said:

Two weeks ago, Italy had the same number of Covid-19 cases as the UK. We have imposed none of the draconian infection-control measures they have. I don’t understand what our government is doing

Our Government is following the advice of their own scientific and medical experts.  What is there not to understand?

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Our Government is following the advice of their own scientific and medical experts.  What is there not to understand?

The advice from their own scientific and medical experts.

Edited by Mister Gee

2 hours ago, jaffa1 said:

So speaks someone who has probably never experienced this level of loneliness. Other than that, I agree with your post, but I do think the message is somewhat confusing for some old people,  -they're not sure if they being protected or sacrificed.

3 hours ago, OneSon said:

Taxman started this entire thread off in January.

Isn't it bewildering that NHS staff are being put at risk, 6/7 weeks later?

We were meant to be "fully prepared" a good month ago!

•  

Excellent point. My wife is NHS and she isn't being tested and doesn't have protective gear. She's not frontline (yet). 

It seems more than bewildering, it's downright Scandalous!

See also :-

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/health/2020/03/government-documents-show-no-planning-ventilators-event-pandemic

Government and Public Health FAILURE to prepare.!