Coronavirus

Groose

As we have mentioned several times. We will not tolerate any sort of attacking other users, fake news and bickering.  No further warnings will be given, your account will be suspeded.

Message added by Groose

On 17/03/2020 at 23:58, butlers said:

Seems Italy has 3000 ventilators and a bit of  a Google suggests they cost about £40,000 a piece.

So, it seems, these "crucial, Life saving Ventilators" are, Fairly astronomically expensive to produce?

Even so, 3,000 is CLEARLY NOT enough to be helping Italy survive, at the moment, anyway.....and only 5'000 in the UK for around 60 Million people, well, like I said, I can't do the Maths, but it CLEARLY isn't anywhere nearly enough of them to save lives when the time, the rainy day, the " Virus" came, is it? 

Que sera, sera, definately needs to CHANGE to more care and more positivity, in this case, certainly.

Unisol,

Any idea how that has come about ? More than: Manchester,

Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham ,Chesterfield .

1 hour ago, petemcewan said:

Unisol,

Any idea how that has come about ? More than: Manchester,

Leeds, Liverpool, Birmingham ,Chesterfield .

Sorry I have no idea

There are likely many more untested cases too all around the UK (and World)

Just seen the news, climate heating gasses released into the atmosphere have dropped 50%..

Killing people, saving the planet, makes you think..

3 minutes ago, Padders said:

Just seen the news, climate heating gasses released into the atmosphere have dropped 50%..

Killing people, saving the planet, makes you think..

That’s not exactly correct. One particular climate heating gas (methane) has dropped over one particular area  (New York) by 50%. 

The actual drop in climate heating gasses globally  will remain to be seen, hopefully there will be a reduction, and hopefully it won’t rebound sharply upwards again like it did after 2008. 

3 minutes ago, Robin-H said:

That’s not exactly correct. One particular climate heating gas (methane) has dropped over one particular area  (New York) by 50%. 

The actual drop in climate heating gasses globally  will remain to be seen, hopefully there will be a reduction, and hopefully it won’t rebound sharply upwards again like it did after 2008. 

I can't imagine there's any realistic prospect of emissions not rebounding sharply after the shutdown is over, can you?

16 minutes ago, Halibut said:

I can't imagine there's any realistic prospect of emissions not rebounding sharply after the shutdown is over, can you?

It did say they were expecting a big rebound.

I wonder how many people are going to abuse this 7/14 day/4 month isolation business?
How are they going to be regarded when they return to work, assuming their "work" still exists by then, of course?
How are those who held the fort for all those weeks going to view Fred or Mary, when they burst in through the workplace door and ask "How's it all been going, then?"
Fred, who'd suddenly remembered that he had a pre-existing condition?
Mary, who had woken up one morning with a dull headache, and assumed the worst?
And Bill, who "saw" that his line manager was taking the urine, so then thought sauce/goose/gander?
Even when this emergency is over, there'll be a lot of dust to settle...

Lex Luther,

I do hope that Keletra proves effective in the treatment of CoV-19 infection and it is pressed into use.

I have a supply of keletra and I'm quite willing to give it up for use with more needy people than my self. However, I think there is plenty of Kaletra available for non HIV  use.

4 hours ago, Unisol said:

Yes noticed this morning

So outside of London, we have the most of any UK town/city

Stay safe folks, we’re all in this together

Is this people who have been tested and definite positives or people who think they may have got it and are isolating

1 minute ago, kay1 said:

Is this people who have been tested and definite positives or people who think they may have got it and are isolating

Its the number in hospital. You can probably multiply that number by 100 if you include self isolators.