Coronavirus

Groose

As we have mentioned several times. We will not tolerate any sort of attacking other users, fake news and bickering.  No further warnings will be given, your account will be suspeded.

Message added by Groose

54 minutes ago, melthebell said:

what about what about what about quick quick change the subject :rolleyes:

Given that most UK residents haven't followed strictly the lockdown requirements imposed by the Government Cummings advises I'm not interested in what he personally did nearly two months ago. The huge amount of UK monthly debt announced yesterday is more of a concern to me personally than the political point scoring regarding Cummings.

9 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Given that most UK residents haven't followed strictly the lockdown requirements imposed by the Government Cummings advises I'm not interested in what he personally did nearly two months ago. The huge amount of UK monthly debt announced yesterday is more of a concern to me personally than the political point scoring regarding Cummings.

I'm more concerned about the effect his and the subsequent government actions will have on whether people will follow the lockdown requirements. Him breaking the guidelines and setting a bad example is bad enough, the government defending him doing so is something else entirely. With their defence of him, the government are undermining their attempts to keep the rest of us abiding by the lockdown. How long before Police officers start hearing "Well it was OK for Dominic Cummings to do it".

3 hours ago, hobinfoot said:

Dominic Cummings didn’t travel 260 miles for a jolly. What he and his family did do was to move to an empty house where they could be supported if both adults become ill which did happen and a 4 year old would Then need help. He is fortunate to have a separate house to move to. Anyone if they are honest would have Done the same if possible. Not for a babysitter!!! 

So if I read you correctly, it would be fine for my family with a grandchild to come and stay in a caravan on my drive in case they become ill and need support.

1 hour ago, West 77 said:

So how many "stayed at home" by driving 260 miles?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-information-leaflet/coronavirus-stay-at-home-protect-the-nhs-save-lives-web-version

Edited by Longcol

24 minutes ago, Thorpist said:

So if I read you correctly, it would be fine for my family with a grandchild to come and stay in a caravan on my drive in case they become ill and need support.

NO, its an excuse

33 minutes ago, Thorpist said:

Personally I’d have no problem with that.

Interesting that there is another article tonight claiming Cummings was back in Durham on April 19th, it says local people saw him at a local beauty spot. Wonder what excuse will be given for that visit, if he won't resign Johnson needs to grow a pair and sack him.

3 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Interesting that there is another article tonight claiming Cummings was back in Durham on April 19th, it says local people saw him at a local beauty spot. Wonder what excuse will be given for that visit, if he won't resign Johnson needs to grow a pair and sack him.

Link to  one such article;

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/may/23/new-witnesses-cast-doubt-on-dominic-cummingss-lockdown-claims

Next sunday theres a facebook event lol

https://www.facebook.com/events/356800591945897/

"Road trip to Durham for Sunday lunch with Dom’s mam"

Details

Lockdown rules are waived so long as you go to Durham to see Dom’s mam. If you’ve got symptoms make sure you bring the kids, too.

Use public transport to travel if you can, but if you can’t, don’t not use it unless absolutely necessary and possible to avoid not using it when you do. Bring a dish

1 hour ago, altus said:

I'm more concerned about the effect his and the subsequent government actions will have on whether people will follow the lockdown requirements. Him breaking the guidelines and setting a bad example is bad enough, the government defending him doing so is something else entirely. With their defence of him, the government are undermining their attempts to keep the rest of us abiding by the lockdown. How long before Police officers start hearing "Well it was OK for Dominic Cummings to do it".

Great Post becauseThis post is the most accurate post regarding Cummings,  leading by example springs to mind,  if the rule makers make a mockery of their own rules its obvious the majority of british public frustrated already at this moment in time with the on going restrictions are quite within their rights to say sod this, whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander.  The  majority of the Youth culture  already think that they are imortal and so the Police have this on going battle already without the rest of society following suit.  

30 minutes ago, iansheff said:

I doubt we've heard the last of this?  We all know how the press works? 

Produce an exposé & then give the subject time to provide a 'plausible' response then a week later, the coup de grâce article. 

I see that a civil servant union has become involved in the argument & Cummings has already alienated them a few months ago by claiming many were in cushy positions & something along the line of (para phrasing here), 'Any civil servant who is in the same role for longer than 18 months, needs to be moved on.' 

Cummings has many enemies & the longer he stays, the more damaging he is to Johnson. 

Edited by Baron99