Coronavirus

Groose

As we have mentioned several times. We will not tolerate any sort of attacking other users, fake news and bickering.  No further warnings will be given, your account will be suspeded.

Message added by Groose

2 minutes ago, iansheff said:

A devastating pandemic that has hit the world has been made worse in this country by an inept Prime Minister and Government that are making things up as they go along. Remember Thatcher saying the Lady is not for turning,  wonder how many more U Turns Boris will make.

If Starmer had have been running against Johnson  instead of Corbyn, the Goon Johnson wouldn't have got in.  When a man cant sort his hair out and walks around looking like a Fool, he is a Fool,  I sound harsh but this bloke has to face World leaders, how can they take him serious looking like he does,  unless Trumps at the same meetings and the other World leaders think its some type of new trend thats started without them. :hihi:

2 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

If Starmer had have been running against Johnson  instead of Corbyn, the Goon Johnson wouldn't have got in.  When a man cant sort his hair out and walks around looking like a Fool, he is a Fool,  I sound harsh but this bloke has to face World leaders, how can they take him serious looking like he does,  unless Trumps at the same meetings and the other World leaders think its some type of new trend thats started without them. :hihi:

Some people used to say that the bafoonery was just an act(he has a first class degree you know) I hope they dont think that anymore.

32 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Johnson would still have won the December general election if Starmer had been the Labour leader then.  It was Starmer's  Brexit stance as Shadow Brexit Secretary that lost so many traditional Labour votes in what were previously safe Labour seats to the Tory party led by Johnson.  Starmer said when he became Labour Party leader he wouldn't use the coronavirus for political point scoring. Since Starmer has become Labour Party leader using the coronavirus as a  political point scoring exercise is  all is has done as the leader of the opposition.

25 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Johnson would still have won the December general election if Starmer had been the Labour leader then.  It was Starmer's  Brexit stance as Shadow Brexit Secretary that lost so many traditional Labour votes in what were previously safe Labour seats to the Tory party led by Johnson.  Starmer said when he became Labour Party leader he wouldn't use the coronavirus for political point scoring. Since Starmer has become Labour Party leader using the coronavirus as a  political point scoring exercise is  all is has done as the leader of the opposition.

But he'd obviously be a better leader as he has a better hairstyle :lol:

59 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

59 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

A friend saw Boris turn up  for a gathering of supporters. She saw him getting out of his car looking well kept but when he got on stage Boris was disheveled.

46 minutes ago, West 77 said:

Probably so,as at the time of the G.E,Brexit was the issue, and I doubt that Starmer would have been leader for long enough to make an impression.

I think Starmer has been quite measured in his approach so far,given the amount of ammunition supplied byJohnson and his Cabinet and now his main adviser.

Some things do need questioning by those who can do so,and as we have seen this week,Johnson did an overnight U turn on the issues regarding NHS fees to foreign health workers.

Starmer will also be mindful that Johnson will also play the political game of deflecting  from his own failures by claiming lack of support from the opposition.

42 minutes ago, Delayed said:

But he'd obviously be a better leader as he has a better hairstyle :lol:

Out of the last Labour leadership original candidates I judge Emily Thornberry to be the one who spent the most time at the hairdressers and she ended up not even making the ballot paper. 

40 minutes ago, hobinfoot said:

A friend saw Boris turn up  for a gathering of supporters. She saw him getting out of his car looking well kept but when he got on stage Boris was disheveled.

I heard a similar story told  by a journalist on television where they went to several different events that Boris Johnson made speeches at and  he made the exact same blunders on each occasion to get a reaction from the audience. People might not agree with the politics of Boris Johnson, but he most certainly isn't a fool.

10 minutes ago, RJRB said:

Probably so,as at the time of the G.E,Brexit was the issue, and I doubt that Starmer would have been leader for long enough to make an impression.

I think Starmer has been quite measured in his approach so far,given the amount of ammunition supplied byJohnson and his Cabinet and now his main adviser.

Some things do need questioning by those who can do so,and as we have seen this week,Johnson did an overnight U turn on the issues regarding NHS fees to foreign health workers.

Starmer will also be mindful that Johnson will also play the political game of deflecting  from his own failures by claiming lack of support from the opposition.

They are fair enough comments.  If the Labour Party had been in power during a pandemic the Tory Party would have played the same political point scoring game that the Labour Party are doing now.

Edited by West 77

38 minutes ago, West 77 said:

People might not agree with the politics of Boris Johnson, but he most certainly isn't a fool.

no, hes a puppet...of Dominic Cummings

I wouldn't say Stamer is point scoring but pointing out the terrible hash Johnson is making. To be fair  who is to know how labour would have handled this Pandemic and also to a previous poster, who is to know what the rusult between Johnson and Starmer would have been if they had have been up against each other for the Premiership. :roll:

14 minutes ago, melthebell said:

no, hes a puppet...of Dominic Cummings

I thought he was Ghepettos Puppet by the amount of lies he tells.  :hihi:

Is Cummings to Boris what Sir Humphrey was to Jim Hacker?

I see that Dominic Cummings says he behaved 'reasonably and legally' over lockdown breach, so it is fine for him to do what he did yet the masses are told they cannot go to other members of families homes.

I thought I heard Ian Blackford just say on the news that Downing Street have known about this for a while, if that is true is there any wonder that people don't trust Boris and the Government.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-downing-street-says-dominic-22073967

We all should be more concerned that yesterday it was announced the government borrowed £62bn in April  which is the highest monthly figure in history rather than the future of Dominic Cummings.

6 minutes ago, West 77 said:

We all should be more concerned that yesterday it was announced the government borrowed £62bn in April  which is the highest monthly figure in history rather than the future of Dominic Cummings.

Can't we do both? I'm sure Dominic Cummings hopes we can't!