Coronavirus

Groose

As we have mentioned several times. We will not tolerate any sort of attacking other users, fake news and bickering.  No further warnings will be given, your account will be suspeded.

Message added by Groose

21 minutes ago, Halibut said:

No, it doesn't. Look at Jacinda Ardern in NZ or Mhairi Black of the SNP for example

JUST ABOUT EVERY, I didn't say EVERY,  please read my post carefully before diving in.  :thumbsup:

Edited by PRESLEY

I see NZ are talking about 4 day weeks - what a load of ... sense

Reduce pollution, improved employment (because some jobs need 7 day a week cover so more people would be employed to cover)

Better mental health

Better work life balance

Reduce cars on the road - so allow pedestrians and cyclists more freedom...

If only we had a government                     *sigh*                                                                        which was as forward thinking...

2 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

That's a fair point - I find it strange that in 2020 that the Americans would rather starve or work and die than consider things like a proper welfare state or universal healthcare. They're an odd bunch!

The news footage from NY said it all... Queues of vehicles for food parcels; Merc's, SUVs, Audi gas-guzzlers.

The American Dream turned sour.

11 minutes ago, Litotes said:

Reduce pollution, improved employment (because some jobs need 7 day a week cover so more people would be employed to cover)

Better mental health

Better work life balance

If only we had a government                     *sigh*                                                                        which was as forward thinking...

Are they paying 5-day wages?

15 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

Are they paying 5-day wages?

They are talking about a living wage which will (if it happens) be adjusted to take into account a 4 day working week so if it comes to pass then that a probable yes. But... people keep citing N.Z. as some miracle in dealing with corona virus and other aspects but dont taking into account their population is only 4.8 million etc and it was mainly tourism that drove the economy which has basically been hit hardest. Much different to a large economy that does not have tourism at its heart.

Edited by apelike

What is this cross  government  that Priti Patel has referred to several times.

The Government is an entity made up of a number of ministries.

What is special about cross government.

1 hour ago, Litotes said:

Better mental health

Better work life balance

We’re hardly a comparable country with New Zealand are we.

Well its hilarious hearing Priti saying incomers will have to be quarantined for 14 days, despite the fact we are far worse off than many other countries. Greece has opted to not let Brits in at all due to how badly we have let the virus get out of control:

https://www.itv.com/news/2020-05-20/greece-to-allow-international-flights-to-tourist-destinations-from-july-1/

I doubt many foreigners will want to come here anyway for the same reason.

Just TRYING to listen to daily briefing, led by Ms Patel... had to turn it off.

"Weddins, bookins, puttin ...". Ugh

Communication matters.  Her skills in this area are as abysmal as her decision-making.

I would like to know whats goin off with people flying into the country, a thousand quid fine if they dont lockdown for a fortnight,  but hold on a minute these people if carrying the virus are suspect of contaminateing on the way to their destination if using public transport.  Plus it doesn't commence while june 8th,  so what about people flying in now, are they exempt from the virus.   :loopy: 

Edited by PRESLEY

36 minutes ago, steved32 said:

Just TRYING to listen to daily briefing, led by Ms Patel... had to turn it off.

"Weddins, bookins, puttin ...". Ugh

Communication matters.  Her skills in this area are as abysmal as her decision-making.

Good grief.   If the desperation to continually criticise the government has reached the depth of someone's accent and pronunciation the barrel is well and truly being scraped.

What is it with this Government, why are they not quarantining people entering this country as soon as possible  instead of waiting over 2 more weeks. Do they assume that the people coming here between now and the 8th June will not be carrying the virus?