Coronavirus

Groose

As we have mentioned several times. We will not tolerate any sort of attacking other users, fake news and bickering.  No further warnings will be given, your account will be suspeded.

Message added by Groose

6 hours ago, barry-333 said:

Boris is still ill.  He is a public example of what this virus does to a person.  Lockdown meant do not circulate but has not been very successful due to sunseekers etc  Stay safe by looking after yourself and family

Oh No, not that old Chesnut,  the saying goes, you can fool some people some of the time but not all  people all of the time,  the saying can't be true because in this case some people are fooled all of the time. If the Cap fits and all that,  :hihi:

6 hours ago, redruby said:

Yes, Greece has been one of the most successful countries at handling this.

The crowding in some uk parks and beaches is ridiculous and it won’t be surprising if this gets worse over the bank holiday weekend. I believe that the risk from brief outdoor contact (such as passing someone in the street) is vanishingly small (if not non existent) provided they don’t cough or sneeze right in your face.  But crowding together for extended periods is risky. 

I've noticed the numbers in Louisiana have started a steady rise up after they reduced lockdown considerably and opened up bars and restaurants again. 

11 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

I've noticed the numbers in Louisiana have started a steady rise up after they reduced lockdown considerably and opened up bars and restaurants again. 

I honestly don't understand how people don't get why this happens (Not aimed at you)

It's a virus, you get next to people who have it, chances are that you will get it...easy...isn't it?

Some people in this world especially Trump think if they just carry on as normal and ignor the virus it wont affect them and just fade away, nutters,  actually in Trumps case, apart from being a nutter he thinks he is far too powerful and invincible for himself to contract it.  :loopy:

23 minutes ago, melthebell said:

profit before people...its simple really

You have hit the nail on the head !  Especially in Trumps case.  :thumbsup:

If you watch the news you will see that plenty of people in America are arguing quite bluntly that without "profit" there is no income, no livelihoods, no jobs, no economy and people will starve to death. 

At what point does something have to give?

We are very privileged in this country. Despite all the detractors and the serial complainers we still have a welfare state. We have a safety net.   Not everywhere does and America certainly doesn't have anything like what can be deemed reasonable welfare.  

For a big majority across the pond and lots of other countries - you earn or you starve.  

There has to be a point at which this still minimal risk of dying from this virus is massively outweighed by the very real risk of having no income to support your family and potentially catastrophic effects on the wider economy.

Edited by ECCOnoob

55 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Some people in this world especially Trump think if they just carry on as normal and ignor the virus it wont affect them and just fade away, nutters,  actually in Trumps case, apart from being a nutter he thinks he is far too powerful and invincible for himself to contract it.  :loopy:

I think that the public image that he is trying to project is far different from his own reality.He was a renowned germaphobe before all this.

So he is tested frequently,those in any close contact are also tested,including the press corps.

He reportedly wore a mask behind the scenes,but removed it to face the cameras and make a speech.

I very much doubt that he has actually taken the anti malaria medicine but his comment served to deflect other awkward questions.

Whatever else he is a master of directing the media and setting the agenda on a daily basis

3 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

If you watch the news you will see that plenty of people in America are arguing quite bluntly that without "profit" there is no income, no livelihoods, no jobs, no economy and people will starve to death and die.

And what point does something have to give?

We are very privileged in this country. Despite all the detractors and the serial complainers we still have a welfare state. We have a safety net.   Not everywhere does and America certainly doesn't have anything like what can be deemed a reasonable welfare.  

For a big majority across the pond and lots of other countries - you earn or you starve.  

That's a fair point - I find it strange that in 2020 that the Americans would rather starve or work and die than consider things like a proper welfare state or universal healthcare. They're an odd bunch!

27 minutes ago, ECCOnoob said:

If you watch the news you will see that plenty of people in America are arguing quite bluntly that without "profit" there is no income, no livelihoods, no jobs, no economy and people will starve to death. 

At what point does something have to give?

We are very privileged in this country. Despite all the detractors and the serial complainers we still have a welfare state. We have a safety net.   Not everywhere does and America certainly doesn't have anything like what can be deemed reasonable welfare.  

There has to be a point at which this still minimal risk of dying from this virus is massively outweighed by the very real risk of having no income to support your family and potentially catastrophic effects on the wider economy.

Good points made,  a sort of catch 22 situation.

27 minutes ago, RJRB said:

I think that the public image that he is trying to project is far different from his own reality.He was a renowned germaphobe before all this.

So he is tested frequently,those in any close contact are also tested,including the press corps.

He reportedly wore a mask behind the scenes,but removed it to face the cameras and make a speech.

I very much doubt that he has actually taken the anti malaria medicine but his comment served to deflect other awkward questions.

Whatever else he is a master of directing the media and setting the agenda on a daily basis

My own personal opinion is Boris and Trump come across like very Dodgy characters whom I feel anything they say is hard to believe,  to be fair that sums up just about every politician.  :huh:

54 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

My own personal opinion is Boris and Trump come across like very Dodgy characters whom I feel anything they say is hard to believe,  to be fair that sums up just about every politician.  :huh:

No, it doesn't. Look at Jacinda Ardern in NZ or Mhairi Black of the SNP for example